The big reveal

I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy 6 days ago and today I had my appointment with the breast care nurse to remove the dressings.
I had been dreading this since the op And when all my dressings were removed and my nurse told me to look in the mirror, I almost didn’t look as I knew it would be upsetting.
I’m so glad i did because the result was amazing. At first, I couldn’t see any scars inn my breast at all, so I got a bit closer and I could see that the cut had been around the bottom part of my nipple.
It wasn’t what I expected at all! I stood there in front if the mirror and smiled for the first time since my diagnosis.?

Hi Judy

That’s brilliant news, nice to hear something positive.  I am at the hospital tomorrow for mine changing and quite nervous…:smileyfrustrated: Have you been OK with any pain, my BC nurse said to expect it to worsen as the scar tissue starts to mend. I just really want to wash under my arm !!! Xxx

Pain wise, I’m not too bad. I get a shooting pain in my boob every now and again and some tenderness under my arm but it’s bearable.
I know what you mean about washing. My bc nurse told me to get an electric shaver as you can’t use normal razors under that arm so I’m going to go out to buy one today.
Good luck with your dressing removals tomorrow x