65625members
345875posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The journey (or, if you can't beat 'em, re-write it...!)

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Re: The journey (or, if you can't beat 'em, re-write it...!)

What's the news, Blossom??

How could I leave out Motown, Eileen?!  Love it 🙂  My kids are 18 and 21 this year so we're having a big party in the summer.....going to have so much fun embarrassing the offspring at that one!!  I'm involved with an orphanage in Uganda and their choir are back this year, so I'm going to get my fix of African music, rhythm and drumming ♫ Happy days 🙂 

Highlighted

Keep on keeping on Tat - head for the hills!! Definitely need Tamla and Bob Marley. My exercise at the moment is dancing round the kitchen - especially to Craig Charles on Radio 6 on Saturday evenings. Love lots of African stuff too - terrific to dance to. Angelique Kidzo and Youssa N'Dour among my favourites - and embarrassing my kids at parties is always fun. They love it really! I keep hanging onto the fact that life is for living and cancer can just go and do one! xxx
Highlighted

Hi Blossom.  Good luck for your appt, sounds like you've had a helluva 'journey' so far :(. I'm doing ok. 2nd rads session yesterday. One during middle of day and one at 5pm, both have been 2.5 hour round trips, so this is going to be a marathon.  No one seems very sure that rads even improve the odds for Angiosarcoma. It has a high rate of recurrence and metastasis.... I'll be rather fed up (polite version) if I do 33 of 'em only to get mets. Oops, walked through a bit of a dark valley there. Need to get back on the hilltops.  Let me know what the PS says. Tat xx

Highlighted

Hi Tat- HaHa larfing at your idea of a flag, just thought u ought to get someone to draw it and have it put on a tee shirt then we could all adopt it as our emblem and wera it for runs walks and fund raising days, whatta ya think? How are you doing? I've got palstic surgeon tomorrow afternoon, final appointment before op on 27th ( I Hope)

Love Bloss xx

Highlighted

I love a bit of Queen, Blossom 🙂 You are definitely on my party invite list - can't wait to see you on the dance floor 😉

What do you reckon the chances are of getting a royal to officially name our ship?  For a flag, I think we could go for a jolly roger inspired one and have a pair of boobs crossed out by scalpels.  That would cover all the two boob, one boob, no boob variations us lot represent 😉 xx

Highlighted

Hit Tat, musical prefrences, blimey gotta think about that one, no ones ever asked me, I have the radio on sometimes when I'm cooking, I like mowtown stuff, Abba!!!, the BeeGees (yes seriously) El Diva, most of the 80's and 90's stuff. Queen, I love queen ( I wanna break free, don't we all?). Bob Marley, sing along to that in the car, the lighthouse family, (we are F A M I L Y!!!) Frank Sinatra (I did it MY WAY), yeh I *iss my breast consultant off cos of that, Oops Up side yer head, my bloody girls drag me up for that, at 58 I should know better, but sod it, If its played I'm doomed at a party, oh and I like Glenn Miller???, ha just looking at my list to see what I like, right rag bag with no theme. And don't waste the silly juice on your boob, swop it for the E45 cocktail,um I could invent one, just gotta think of 45 bloody ingredients!!!. Love the name of the ship wondering if I should suggest it to P&O for their next cruise vessel, bet itta be a sell out. Hope your journey not too bumpy, don't spill the silly juice

Love 
Bloss XX

Highlighted

Welcome aboard the not-so-good ship Wonky Boob, Blossom 🙂  I see where I've been going wrong with the cream now, what a waste of silly juice, slathering it on my boob!!  What are your musical preferences, Bloss? xx

Highlighted

Tat, your not supposed to be drinking the E45!!!!! or the aloe vera, your supposed to be rubbing it on whilst enjoying a glasss of sily juice, the E45 is too thick anyway!!! And itta be difficult to get off the glass!!!

Bloss

Highlighted

Hi Tat - I too feel like I'm on a roller coaster but havent got a clue how long the ride is, however loved your post, my name on here isn't BlossonHill for Nowt, as to only a dribble,!!! well you don't get many galsses to a bottle, or even a box. Hope your enjoying, Take a hip flask to rads!!!!! I will see you at the fork and we will walk together to the bridge of good health, Hic, good luck with rads

BlossonHill XX

Highlighted

Definitely music, Eileen!  I'm thinking cheesy and upbeat for dancing, silly walks, skipping... Have to start with a bit of Dancing Queen, maybe moving on to something like Uptown Funk for the uphill bits and a burst of Adele at the top of a hill?  That is if I can resist the urge to belt out 'the hills are alive' from the Sound of Music... 😉

Highlighted

I need to add music - especially anything that makes me dance and smile.

Would ditch all the stuff you suggest too . Bon voyage!! xxx
Highlighted

I have created a worldwide shortage of E45 cream and aloe vera plants in anticipation.  I already drink loads (and not all of it gin or silly juice!) to the extent my kids' nickname for me is IncontiMum 'cos I need the loo a lot.... Love them really 😉 xx

Tat, make sure you stock up on moisturiser and keep using it liberally during and after the rads. 33 sessions is a seriously long slog so have some treats planned along the way and keep yourself hydrated too (with any means possible including gin and silly jiuce) xx

Highlighted

That's a seriously cr@p collection of side effects, HWG 😞  Sending hugs and a piggy back for the difficult bits of the journey and, of course, silly juice on tap whenever you are feeling up to it.  Tat xx

Highlighted

Hi Tat4tit, this journey is also a 'gift that keep giving'... I got lymphoedema in my arm and upper torso thanks to the lymph nodes being infected and thus removed. I also got nerve pains from rads and I'm now about to go through menopause for the 2nd time (1st one was caused by the chemo but ovaries decided to start working again and I didn't want to take another lot of medication with its side effects and contra effects to meds I'm already on. I'm not having any more kids hence the op to remove them).

At home now recovering and parched for the diddle of silly juice but might have to wait until I'm off the (strong) pain killers at least Smiley Wink. I'm def up for a meet up and will come with a couple boxes in tow xx

Highlighted

Oh herewego, that's rubbish :(. What treatment are the side effects from?  I'm starting rads on Tuesday, 33 of them, and think that's why my roller coaster keeps going on another loop.  I love roller coasters in the real world but not feeling the funny on this one.  Confession time: I think I might have found your silly juice last night, hic ;). Only a dribble left, I'm afraid, so s*d the housework, I'm off to do something far more important... Meet you at the next fork in the road later and we can polish off several boxes? 😎 xx

Highlighted

I thought originally my journey was coming to an end when the weekly/daily hospital appointments finished but Unknown to me I had extendable ticket covering the side effects land.
So here I am meeting new people (pain consultants, lymphatic drainage masseurs and more surgeons), taking in the new sites (another hospital, had a special tour of their operating theatre yesterday), losing some unwanted package along the way (the pesky ovaries started to work again so they had to go) and experimenting with local cocktails (the medical kind ones).
I'm still looking for the 3 litre box of silly juice (aka rose wine) that I lost somewhere along the way so if any of you come across it I'm more than ready to drink it on one go 🍷🍷🍷
Highlighted

It was a lovely day here, making 'the journey' less like the highway to hell (apologies to AC/DC fans) and more like Pharrell's Happy.  Had a wonderfully productive day and felt fine until I suddenly found myself sobbing into the supper I am cooking!  No idea at all where that came from 😞  I really, really want to put the rollercoaster of emotions in the Leave Behind bag, but it won't fit at the moment.  Sigh.

Highlighted

Lovely to have your company, ladies, I can see we're going to get along 🙂  

Top suggestion, Sunflower!  My family and I have had many a chuckle about people doing 'the flick'.  Got to laugh, eh?

Highlighted

Hi Excellent list, but can I please add to those to leave behind those people who ask how you are and look at your breasts? Xx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Haha that just about sums it up!! Gin, chocolate and the dog 🐶🐶🍸🍸🍫🍫 I'm on my way!! 😜

Highlighted

The journey (or, if you can't beat 'em, re-write it...!)

According to the non-cancer world, if I'm not 'battling' cancer, I'm on 'a journey'.  Yep, I heard them both again today 😞  On the outside I managed to smile sweetly and change the subject.  On the inside, well, let's just say forum guidelines don't allow that kind of language 😉

So, I've decided to do the 'journey' everyone says we're on, but re-write it.  Because I can 🙂  A kind of grown up (if only, lol!) version of 'In my bag I packed'.  I have a map (drawn, not always legibly, by the medics and based on sketchy data thanks to my rare cancer), and a destination wish list, but no confirmed booking yet.  So I'm hastily grabbing stuff I know I need or might want, and leaving stuff I know I definitely don't need or want....

I'm taking with me:

any friend who turns up with a bottle and suggests we get drunk together

shed loads of denial

exercise

gin

my dog

chocolate and cake (calorie free, of course)

sunshine, flowers, fresh air

anyone who makes me laugh 

I'm leaving behind:

anyone who tells me how brave I am

anyone who suggests I 'stay positive'

the recommended alcohol intake guidelines

anyone who tilts their head on one side and asks 'how are you?'

any sense of reality

Have I forgotten anything or anyone?