cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new forum is here!

Jo_BCC

Re: The new forum is here!

Hi Lily,

Thanks for letting us know, I'll pass this on to the technical team to have a look at your account.

Kind regards,

Jo, Moderator

Lily200

Hi, you seem to have made me invinsible after following that move. Now I can make posts pop up in the middle too and become completely out of date order. Well it is on my thread anyway x

Lily200

Hi, many thanks Janet and Linda. I am off to try that now. Lily x

Jo_BCC

Hi Anne,

You can't delete a post but you can edit it by clicking on the options tab to the right of your post, this will bring a drop down list where you can edit from.

Hope that helps.  Kind regards,

Jo, Moderator

amd66

How can we delete or edit a posted post, anne x
Zeppa

Jane, that only happens if you start a reply. I want to see the newest posts which I haven't seen on a previous visit, not the same thing. Thanks anyway.

Zeppa

Thanks, Helen.

As I said, I had changed it in my profile, it just hadn't worked.

HelenL_BCC

Hello again, just a quick follow-up to your post about image uploads, Ninja.

You're right, the Help copy isn't correct here (sincere apologies, I'll be sure to update this as soon as possible).

The best bet for adding an image is to click on the text link 'Upload an Avatar', underneath your current profile picture, in the 'My Profile' settings. 

This will then allow you to browse your computer for an image, and save multiple photos and pics. 

I hope this helps Woman Happy

HelenL_BCC

Hi Zeppa

Just popping on to let you know I've had a look at your settings and, with any luck, you should now be switched to oldest first for displaying threads.

You can control this directly in 'My Profile' > 'Preferences' > Linear Layout & Thread Layout

I hope that helps Woman Happy

Boxofrogs

Reading other posts, people have some real gripes. Mine are a bit superfluous , but heck I'm gonna moan anyway. Why does the new site have an obsession with underlining everything. It's totally unnecessary and enhances the already amateurish whiff of the site. I know it may be hurting someone's feelings but it really annoys me. I know you employ professional design people because my sister has done work for you in the past. Did you employ anyone this time? If you did they seriously need to hear this feedback...
GIJaneH

Lilly, my reply to Zeppa is for you too.... I should have followed own instructions!!!!

Jane

GIJaneH

Zeppa, I have just discovered something...

under the box in which I am typing, are the purple words "view discussion in a popup" and it opens a new window with the last few comments.  I can flip backward adn forward (if I forget what any of you say!!!) it works really well....

hope that helps...

Jane

Zeppa

Thanks, RevCat, I get the view you refer to once I click on Undergoing Treatment. It's just longer-winded than it was.

Thanks, Cornishgirl. I'll try what you suggest. However, the moderators have not replied and I am still seeing newest posts at the top, so I don't know if the other option will work either.

I suppose the new forum is easier for new users, but it's difficult for me!

Zeppa

Thanks, Kittiekat, but I don't want to see all the threads I've posted on. I want to see the threads I'm interested in.  However, I found that if I click on Undergoing treatment (or whatever it's called), I can get the lymphoedema and hormone therapy sections and open them in separate tabs. It's just a bit different from the old forum.

cornishgirl

Lily, If you want the oldest post at the top , you can change this by going to Profile, Preferences ,then Linear Layout, just select "Normal Order" i did this when the forums became Live ,now all my posts read oldest top - newest bottom. At the moment the newest posts are set by default to be at the top.

Hope this help's.

Linda x Woman Happy

Lily200

Hi, I find the newest thread at the top a problem too. In particular, my main issue is that I want to respond to everyone who posted since I last did but I can never see more than one person's posts. If you flip back to see what someone has said, all the text of your new post you are in the middle of writing disappears. It is a fundamental part of blogging that you might want to respond to more than one person each time, can you sort this out please? We really, as a group, are not terribly hot on memorising multiple comments ( no offence to anyone who did not get the chemo memory swipe).

Lily

GIJaneH

OK.... avatars....  I DID have an album possibility, and I uploaded a picture, which then became my avatar.  It seems to have gone... (the album possibilitly) or I'm going daft (equal possibility!) but I've looked on all the tabs and can't seem to find what I once had... ah... how many times have we looked downwards and said that!!!!????

Thanks

Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

@Zeppa wrote:

I wanted to read what I thought was the Lymphoedema forum. I did a search on Lymphoedema and it brings up names of threads plus number of mesasages, but it doesn't say which are most recent. I used to be able to see '2 new' or something like that. If I see that a thread started on 30 July, I don't know whether there's been a recent reply or a reply I haven't seen. I may be missing something out here. Can it still be done, to see the messages with the latest threads and which I haven't seen?

Zeppa, if you want to see all of the threads that you have posted on, and when the latest replies were made, save this link:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/54496

Hope this helps

cornishgirl

Hi again, Sorry it didnt work for you but hopefully the mod's will sort it out asap, i havent seen any icon marking new post's ect, but you can set to jump to the latest post (unread) by going to your profile again and selecting "preferences" "Linear Layout" and check the box at the bottom which says "Junp to first unread post in a thread" not sure if that help's any . 

Linda 

RevCat

Hi Zeppa,

You can find the lymphoedema threads here: http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Lymphoedema/bd-p/4447

(in the 'going through treatment' bit of the forum, where one of the topic groups is 'lymphoedema')

In the view I get, there is a list of threads, each of which has a number (how many replies) an author (who started the thread) and person who posted last, along with the date they did so.

Hope that helps - it may be worth bookmarking any threads you want to keep (from thread options) for future reference.

Zeppa

I've written to the moderators - thanks, Linda. Post order still doesn't work.

I wanted to read what I thought was the Lymphoedema forum. I did a search on Lymphoedema and it brings up names of threads plus number of mesasages, but it doesn't say which are most recent. I used to be able to see '2 new' or something like that. If I see that a thread started on 30 July, I don't know whether there's been a recent reply or a reply I haven't seen. I may be missing something out here. Can it still be done, to see the messages with the latest threads and which I haven't seen?

Zeppa

Yes, I did click reset. Thanks for the advice.

cornishgirl

Hi Zeppa, not sure why it's not working for you ,did you try clicking the reset button after selecting "Normal Order" ?if it's still not working for you then maybe the mod's would be able to sort it out for you. all the post's for me have been oldest first and newest last since i did this the first day of the changeover . All the different catagories have the latest posts in now,  and each catagory shows how many new thread's this week.

Hope you are able to fix the post order .

Linda 

Zeppa

I have changed the thread order in my profile but it doesn't work.

Latest posts was a really convenient way to have a quick look at several threads (you can only search for them if you know their name already) and also click on a few forum sections that are interesting, in my case hormone treatment and lymphoedema.

It's a bit like the loss of Google Reader - I just don't use RSS as much as I used to, because it is so longwinded to navigate in other programs. Same with BCC without latest posts.

cornishgirl

Hi wintersocks, Latest post's are now no longer one thread but are divided into each seperate catagory ,so each catagory has it's own lastest post's. The search box at the top right hand side is exelent though if you cant find what your looking for ,just type in the name of the thread and use the drop down menu to select forum and it will find any thread your looking for. Not sure if that help's, also incase you wasn't awear if you want to change the order of the post's on the page, ie oldest first instead of newest which seem's to be the defult now, go to your profile, then preferences, then layout and here you can change the layout to "normal" .(oldest first - newest last )

Linda x  Woman Happy

wintersocks

I am utterly confused by this new revamp.

I cannot understand why we cannot have a easy to navigate straightforward forum.

Latest posts is now sadly missing and I am confused at how to find relevant posts. The site feels feels jumbled up and cluttered.

Surely, simplicity and easy to use (lot's of people are not techie minded) is what is needed?

carolihne

I liked being to scroll through all the latest posts - won't we have that feature any more?

I'm sure a lot of effort has gone into producing this revamp but at present it just seems very confusing ; (

caroline

Ninja

I cannot upload an avatar. My old saved images have disappeared. The 'help' says,

"

1. To use an image from your Image Gallery, click From Image Gallery and click an image to select it.
  2. To use an image from the web, click From the Web and enter the URL for the image. Click Set Avatar."

I do NOT have an Image Gallery in my profile.

I do not have the option From the Web.

I am on a Macbook, using FireFox 23.0.1

I found it by accident! I found it by clicking on my NAME instead of on MY PROFILE.
But I still then had to go back to the profile in order to set the avatar.
Could this be made a little more consistent, please?

Thanks.

Boxofrogs

Like the others I am finding this new forum site really horrible to use. Why can't we have a general lateat posts page like before (maybe there is and I can't see it) . Also, why does the threads page look like a child has designed it? Apart from the amateurish aesthetic, why are some threads in bold and some not? Sorry if this is a bit moany.
Zeppa

Can you put Latest Posts back? It's difficult to find the latest posts all at once in the forum sections I'm interested in. I could imagine using this forum less because it would take so long to search out the sections.

Zeppa

Sorry, I just noticed I can change the default in my preferences. Thanks, thank goodness for that. Maybe this has been discussed before, but the thread is so long that I haven't read it all.

Zeppa

Hi, I find it really confuising that the latest post is on top. Is it possible to reverse the order? I suppose not. I visit a lot of forums and I don't know any that does it this way. It's confusing if you want to follow up an exchange.

marial

Thank you Revcat. It worked and I have just posted. I hope you are well. Love Maria

Guest user
Not applicable

@Jenifer wrote:

Helen - I have lost all my messages, every single one.

Could it be connected to the fact that for some reason my user name has been spelt differently by you in the new forum (Jenifer instead of Jeniffer)?

Jenifer, if you have changed your username you will certainly not be able to see private messages for a different username, but... I've sent a private message to Jeniffer (your original forum name) if you recieve an email notification, click the link to in the email go to your (Jeniffer's)  private messages, and see if that does the trick.  You may have to reset your password for the Jeniffer account.

Judyd

Thanks June, it worked x
Oyster

Thanks Helen. I have found out within the last 30 minutes that I can log onto the new forum using my original username of Oyster as well as using the new one I was given janettekizzyry. If it is possible can I still use the Oyster username and the other one be deleted?
June_BCC

Hi again Judyd

I have received a reply from the team who have suggested that you try going to your profile and click on your avatar and see if you can change it from there.

Let us know if you have any further problems.

June

June_BCC

Hi Revcat

Many thanks for you post helping MariaL, you beat me to it.

best wishes

June

RevCat

Hi MariaL

If you use the search facility (and type without errors!) you can find any thread.

Embarking is here: http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Living-with-breast-cancer/Embarking-on-an-adventure-you-are-...

marial

I'm sure I'll get used to the new forums soon, but I don't come here very often any more. How do I find my old thread "embarking on an advenutre" started in May 2010 ?

June_BCC

Hi Judy

Sorry but I don't know the answer to that so I will pass it onto our technical team for them to reply.

Best wishes

June

Judyd

I'm finding my way around the new forum, but I'm struggling adding photos as I use an iPad and its saying I need flash player installed before I can add photos, is there any way around this as flash isn't supported on iPads but I could add photos on the old forum. Thanks in advance judy x
June_BCC

Hello Jeniffer

Sorry about this.  I will pass you details onto our technical team to deal with.

Best wishes

June

Jenifer

Helen - I have lost all my messages, every single one.

Could it be connected to the fact that for some reason my user name has been spelt differently by you in the new forum (Jenifer instead of Jeniffer)?

HelenL_BCC

Thanks RevCat, it could well be a browser issue. I'll report back as soon as we know more!

We're also investigating the private messages issue that Jenifer mentioned here earlier. Jenifer - can I just check - have you lost ALL messages? I'll email you directly to find out more and see if we can get to the bottom of that one!

Cat Happy

RevCat

Thanks Helen,

Hope someone is providing lots of tea and biccies for you all.  Overall I am loving the new forum, and am committing a little bit of time to viist different boards in case newbies are getting overlooked... tbh I think that once things settle this will resolve itself.  (Not saying other people ought to do the same, but even with the old 'latest posts' we were dependent on people making time to spot and reply)

I tried Kittycat's fix and it didn't work for me... but again might be a Firefox and/or Windows 7 glitch.

And I lurve the cat emoticons Cat Very Happy thank you

HelenL_BCC

Hi again all,

I just wanted to pop on again to reassure you that we’re listening to all your feedback and working hard in the background to get everything humming along nicely. *attempts to glide gracefully, like swan, above surface*

GI Jane, I’m sorry to hear that the lady you spoke to via text is having trouble getting on. Please drop me an email: moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk with her details, and I’ll ensure we pick this up straight away.

Janettekizzyry, it’s not possible to change your username in your profile. It’s one of the few things you can’t adjust yourself, so you will need us to make that tweak. If you mail us at the moderator email address, above, we’ll be sure to make that change for you.

Rattles, we now have a monthly chemo thread, which may be where you can find your buddies? The Genetics board is now Family history & genetics – hopefully you can carry on your conversations there now.

June22 - it’s a good point about only having US English as an option. The forum is a US product, so doesn’t have a UK option, currently. We’ll be sure to feed this comment back to the company though.

JCJ, good spot on the registration date-front - some registration dates were corrupted the last time the forum was moved, a year ago, so for those corrupted dates we have applied a standard date of 01/05/2012. We know lots of people will have registered prior to this but this is the best we could do. I hope this won’t prove to be too much of an annoyance!

RevCat – thanks for unearthing this particular issue – this has been passed on to the tech team and I’ll update you. Looks like KittieKat has found a solution in the meantime though.

Phew!

Thank you again for taking the time to post your feedback. I’ll keep checking in and updating you all on the issues you’ve raised. We hope to have some shiny new FAQs in place very soon Woman Happy

Guest user
Not applicable

Rev Cat, I've found a way round the editing privacy settings problem,

set email visibility to no-one, then hit the reset button (next to the save button)

when the dialog that asks if you are sure you want to leave the page appears, you hit the button to stay on the page,

then hit save, and for some reason this works

cornishgirl

Hi catseye, Your very welcome, glad i could help x
Janet_BCC

Hi RevCat

Thank you for your post.  I have passed this on to the team.  We'll be back to you as soon as possible.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator