The road to diagnosis

I wonder if anyone can advise on the length of time between experiencing symptoms and finally being diagnosed with secondary cancer. I have ongoing bone pain which us worsening and popping up in new locations fairly rapidly. I have stopped tamoxifen and if anything pain is worsening. In august a bone scan was clear and my gp is reluctant to take further action.
I will attend breast clinic in January. I have been experiencing pain for over a year. It seems to me that if it can’t be seen it’s assumed not to be not exist. Has anyone else had this experience? I have pain in my thigh, side and upper back. The pain in my thigh is burning whereas in my upper back I feel as though I’ve been hit with a mallet. My shoulders, knees and wrists also hurt but as this is symmetrical I’m guessing it’s not sinister.

Hi,mawfred,I think it’s SEs of tamoxifen. Rather than anything else especially if scan was clear.

Catlady thanks for your speedy reply. I have taken tamixifen for over a year but stopped when I got clear bone scan. When I restarted bone pain in back started so I stopped again. I haven’t taken it for 5 months and pain is worsening daily. Don’t feel I can blame tamoxifen when I haven’t taken it for so long.

Another person who has had really painful bone aches (legs only fortunately) on Tamoxifen.