The things folk say.....

If anyone else says I look great, brilliant, well, good ,nice, with this half inch of hair white and brown fuzz I will get 'em in a half nelson strap 'em to a chair and give 'em a number 2 with the clippers. Or might be tempted to say if I look so gorgeous why don’t you do yours on a number 2. Huh ! Never had compliments when I had nice blonde bob… lol not offended really Love to all Eileen

Eileen,
may i just say that that half inch of brown and white fuzz looks great, just brilliant, really suits you - you look so good, really well…

now i’d best hide somewhere for a very, very, very long time!

but i hear what you are saying - my sister is all for me not even thinking about reconstruction - loads of women don’t bother - well, if she wants to be miss loppy then she can go get her own mastectomy!

on the bright side - bald men stay bald, at least we get ours back again

hugs

People should bite their tongues …

I’m with you girls. People open their traps while we “the victims, so-called” mind our Ps and Qs and tread carefully with every word so as not to upset anyone. 18 months of that is wearing …

I think we should just start giving some well intentioned (or are they?) and some even more nosey folks a right good smack in the mouth.

And YES it would make me feel better and NO this disease has not made me a better person, although I feel ever so slightly better for getting that off what’s left of my chest.

People are all the same one bloke said to me a few weeks ago I hope you don’t mind me saying this but your hair looks great I can’t remember waht it looked like before!!. Well I am sorry but I can. What I really hate is my shadow when I walk down the street and catching an unexpected glimpse of myself in a window. People all want to touch my hair as well oh it feels so soft yes it does but it has lost its beautiful shine and I do miss my fringe.
What a life, not many hairs under my arms though!!! Lets look on the bright side

I went into a local cafe that I used to go to before my BC diagnosis/surgery/chemo, the person behind the counter said “Oooooh, you’re looking well - where have you been - somewhere exotic?” What kind of place would that be then? - somewhere where they chop your hair into a randon fuzz ball and and then make your face all pinched and white! Here was me thinking that before all of this I was quite attractive to look at!!! Still got my regular latte though…

when i returned to work after 10 months being on the sick, one person greeted me and said “well i said to the girls when you went off sick - thats the last we’ll see of carol” charming!!