cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The thread notifications

2 REPLIES 2
Ninja

Re: The thread notifications

Thanks, but I still think that the notifications should be put to sleep after one post until you re-visit that thread.

Like all the other forums do...

Smiley Tongue

HelenL_BCC

Re: The thread notifications

Hi Ninja,

Thanks for getting in touch about this - we did have some teething problems with email notifications when we first made the switch to the new forum, but the auto-notifications are now set to 'opt-in' so you can control the frequency in your settings. 

If you are subscribed to threads, you'll receive the email notifications. My suggestion would be to delete your subscriptions and instead choose 'bookmark'. That way, you can keep tabs on your threads and discussions, but won't get an email every time someone posts. Much more manageable. 

I'll write an FAQ on bookmarking and subscriptions this week so it's clearer which does what. Woman Happy

Ninja

The thread notifications

ARRGHH

When the forum was last "improved" (the changes that sent a lot of us off to Facebook as it was easier to talk on there than the 'new' forum), one of the early problems was that every time someone posted on a thread, we got an email. So on a popular thread, one could get 12 (say) emails, one for each post since one last logged in.

ARRGHH

Please please PLEASE can the software be corrected so that we get ONE notification per thread until we next log in? I'm about to go away for three weeks and I do NOT want my inbox clogged up woth hundreds of notification emails.

Thanks.