The waiting game!

Hello to everybody. Visited this website for the first time yesterday. It is so reassuring to know that I can pop in onto this website to share my feelings with many other women who are in the same boat as myself. I have just had my triple assessment on Friday morning and have the results next Friday 9th May. Hoping for good news on Friday but whatever the outcome, am so pleased to have found you all!

The biggest thank-you to Breast Cancer Care Forums!

XX

Hiya poppy,

I just wanted to wish you all the very best for your results appt on fri. Hopefully the news for you will be good, but if it turns out to be not so good you know where we all are.

Take care, I’ll be thinking of you,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Poppy

sorry you have had to join us here, I hope it is only temporary and that you get good results on Friday. The waiting is difficult, try not to read too much information at this stage as it is quite easy to terrify yourself.

will be thinking about you on friday… with all fingers crossed.

You’re right lilacblushes about not looking further ahead on the forums and frightening myself half too death! Am trying to take things step by step - and when I feel I am going to explode, I look back on here for some support. Really appreciate being able to talk to you and others who are experiencing the same anxieties. I know my husband is worried about me looking at this website but right now, it is a VERY BIG help to me.

Thanks for your words of support Princess and Lilacblushes.
XXX

Hi Poppy

Just wanted to say good luck for Friday. We are all here if you need to talk while you are waiting.

Yvonne xx

Thanks Yvonne. To be honest, the one thing that gives me some strength is stopping by here regularly during the day. The anxiety leaves me for a couple of hours and then creeps up on me again and I start to panic.

Love
Sally
XX

I can’t make up my mind whether I wish I had asked more questions at the ultrasound scan. I think I understand that I have cysts in both breasts but with my left breast - there was something larger which I caught the Doctor measuring. He talked very quietly to the Nurse, over the top of my head typically, mentioned something about draining fluid… I was so overwhelmed by everything, I didn’t ask any questions as I was scared to. This waiting is so bloody hard. Sometimes, I get so anxious I think I am going to be physically sick. Don’t know how I am going to get through the next appointnment with the consultant. Am worried I’m going to make a fool of myself.

XXX

Hi Poppy

When you think of questions write them down, the consultant usually doesnt mind, they are used to lots of questions. Try to take someone with you too if you can. I missed half of what the consultant actually said when I got my results.

Its a horrible time waiting for results. I always tell people to take some time out, give yourself a pampering, be nice to yourself. It helped me.

Yvonne xx

Poppy

please don’t worry about making a fool of yourself when you see the consultant… they are used to the 20 questions routine. Having said that I didn’t come onto this site until after my surgery and was ignorant of the questions to ask so just sat there like a nodding dog and let him do all the talking!

As others have said write down what you want to ask (and write down the answers too - again they don’t mind), if possible take someone with you as a 2nd set of ears to take in what’s being said. Hopefull you will be being told that there is nothing to worry about and you do not have BC… after that you will probably be too busy grinning like an idiot to listen to anything else the consultant has to say.

hope all goes well for Friday, i agree with everyone write down what you want to ask. i to asked nothing was just to shocked. the waiting is horrible, but good luck.

Good Luck sweetie, we will all be thinking of you!

As another lady said, as you think of a question write them down, because sometimes you forget important things when you are nervous.

I wrote notes on a scrap of paper with key points to ask lol sounds silly but it did help.

And do not do what I did, thats read more stuff than you need to do because it solves nothing, and turns you into a nervous wreck

I hope your hubby is going, because there will be a second pair of ears listening. I know when I got out I said to mine, what did he say about this etc etc.

Good luck, what time is your appointment as I will be thinking of you.

xxxxx

Many thanks to all of you . My appointment is at 9.15 Friday so will let you all know how I get on. I just wish that I could switch my brain off… wish I could turn the clock back to when life was so easy. You know what I mean. But this forum is such a help to me - I am so thankful that you have all taken the time to come on here and send me messages of support. My husband will be coming. One of my daughters (age 21) knows whats going on at moment and now I worry about her as she isn’t sleeping and the other daughter (age 17) is just starting her AS levels so she is unaware at the moment. My eldest is not at home any more - she lives nearby with her boyfriend. We ( 2 daughters and me) have a bloody hen night to go to Friday evening (my niece) and then her wedding in 2 weeks. Not good timing!

Love to you all and many thanks again
XXX

HI Poppy

Good luck for Friday, I can tell you this, its never good timing! My 24 year old son was in Korea and My youngest son is finishing uni this year, I had to tell them 2 weeks ago and it was horrible. But its your husband and children that are going to get you through this. Mine have been fantastic and at the moment I have both sons home as I have just got out of the hospital. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Lots of love

Deb x

Just to let you know that my results will not be available tomorrow (Friday) as the ‘machine’ in path lab has been broken last few days. They’ve reassured me my biopsy is safe (frozen) and that I am waiting to get a phone call from them to give me an appointment early next week.

I work with nurses - they are so upbeat and positive. Couple have had lumpectomies in the past and no problems - I feel a lot less anxious. Have kept very busy at work and enjoy the job and people I work with so it has been a lot more bearable than when I am at home and have too much time on my hands!

Lots of Love
XXX

good luck poppy i will hold u in my prayers for an all clear result

big hugs
cee

Good luck poppy everything crossed for you xxxxx

good luck xx

Oh poppy what a shame!!! I hope they sort you out quickly

Yvonne xx

Well the waiting is over and it is good news - the biopsy was benign and the Doctor is happy to put me back on 3 yearly mamagrams. Yippee!
Obviously feeling so pleased and relieved. My OH came with me and we hugged as soon as we were outside! Big thanks to all of you who were so reassuring and supportive during this horrible time. Thinking of you all and any future visitors to this site. Thanks to the people behind this site too who provide this meeting place for us women (and men!). Can look & plan ahead again (until the next mammogram!).

Lots of love to you all.
Sally
XXX