cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is life after BC

21 REPLIES 21
rachy7

Re: There is life after BC

Thanks for your PM Cathy. i would love to do something different for work but difficult to decide what that might be. My job entailed shift work and sleep ins, none of which I can do now. When i do anything energetic I tend to suffer for it later- usually the next day by being achy, tired and depressed. I have had various blood tests and there has been nothing physical seen on them. I find now if I push myself to do something energetic or otherwise I become tearful and / or stressed by it. So no benefit. This is why I get so frustrated and depressed as nothing i do seems to improve my situation.

rachy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just seen this post and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to Lilacblushes - how brave are you - jus the thought of the Forth Road Bridge makes me feel giddy!

To Rachy - if your mood is getting better by being off work, then seriously think of leaving. We spend so much time at work so if it has that effect, it isn't worth it. There must be other jobs you could do, a complete change, maybe?

Guest user
Not applicable

Just seen this post and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rachy,

It's a curious thing that energy seems to breed energy. I think that now you're fretting less about work and expending energy over that you'll be able to start on other more constructive things. Start small my love; my first goal was getting out of bed before 11 o'clock each day! Plan some simple treats such as going to the cinema but make it special by dressing up, putting the slap on and maybe calling in at the pub beforehand for a glass of something.

I've been where you are and if anybody had suggested at that time that I might be paragliding a year on I'd have laughed in their faces.... if I'd had the energy.

So glad to hear your mood is lifting.

A L xx

rachy7

I am envious of everyones energy !! I am very pleased for all of you on this thread for achieving your goals you have set yourself. I suppose one thing I am proud of is that i am finally being honest with myself about my job and abilities. I was not coping with it and have been back a year. It got worse instead of better so have had to completely reasess my situation.I am currently sick at the moment but my OH says he has noticed a tremendous improvement in my mood etc since I have been off.

rachy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Fantastic! Good for you LilacBlushes and A.Lady.

All I did was run 10K in under an hour - v. good for me!

Does anyone else have any 'proud of me stories', I think they are great.

with love Wizzz

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

Is this the place to do a little boasting?

I'm nearly two years down the line and am still trying to get a handle on everything that's happened to me and trying to see if the "old me" is in here somewhere. Now maybe there is and maybe there isn't, but someone agreed to go paragliding on a recent holiday in Turkey. So I found myself in a truck heading up a 2 thousand foot mountain and then tottering on a rubble strewn slope (more frightened that I'd lose my footing and skid over the edge than the forthcoming flight)Before I knew it I was in a harness, attached to a very dishy young man and a flimsy looking canopy and we were away.

It was completely amazing.

I discovered there are different kinds of courage. Last year friends told me I was brave going through all the treatment. It didn't feel it. I was just doing what I had to do to survive. There was no choice.

I chose to go up that mountain and be lifted off into the blue and that felt brave! And very very liberating.

So Lilacbushes, what's next?

A L

Guest user
Not applicable

well done Lilacblushes, hope you are very proud of yourself.
best wishes
monica xx

Guest user
Not applicable

well done lilac

nice to see you posting!! how brave are you then?

I was diagnosed just after you feb 2008 and I too feel like you loads better in all respects. Had my ovaries removed in June and have come bouncing back!!

loving my weekends hic hic and back to work!

Take Care everyone

Kay xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well Done LilacBlushes! what a fabulous experience!. I'm another one doing 'nutty' things (the words of others) but it's what keeps me going and if it raises funds in the process then all for the good!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Lilacblushes,
How fantastic! You are indeed an inspiration to those of us not yet 2 years down the line and wondering if we'll ever do anything exciting again.
So pleased for you, well done.

Anna

crispy

Dear Lilacblushes

Lovely to hear from you again. Yes there is life after BC (see a thread called "on your bike". Two years further on I was asked by a work colleague how I was and I replied I thought I might be up for a trip up the climbing wall again.

So all of you struggling one year on take heart.

Crispy

Guest user
Not applicable

My son went abseiling last Sunday down the Forth Rail Bridge - well done you - a huge achievement and yes there is life after BC - go girl..............

cherub

Well done! What a fantastic bridge to abseil from as well - I am from Fife and have been enthralled by the Forth Rail Bridge since I was a child. I still get goosebumps every time I'm near it and I'm now in my late 40s.

Feemac

Well Done LilacBlushes!!!!, great to hear of you fantastic absail!!.. you give hope to us all..

Best wishes
Fiona xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

well done, so what have you planned next? lol
Alicex

Guest user
Not applicable

wonderfull achievement LilacBlushes! Well done!

Dena x

Guest user
Not applicable

Go, girl! Brilliant achievement - you must feel so proud of yourself.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Lilacblushes.
Love Debsxxx

Daisy_do

Fantastic achievement. Well done.

Dx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lilacblushes what a fantastic achievement just goes to show what we can be capable of even when things have seemed so dire previously. you are an inspiration.

laurasue x

Guest user
Not applicable

There is life after BC

I was dx in Jan 2008, had WLE, node sampling, rads and now tamoxifen for 5 years. I had terrible trouble with the arm from the node sampling (more from the lack of physio afterwards as I was given none) and thought I was resigned to a life of being gentle.... however, last Sunday I abseiled from the Forth Rail Bridge and raised money for charity.

So ladies - take heart, there is life after BC ... we might not be able to do certain things but we can still live and indulge in a little bit of adventure every so often, just as long as we are sensible about what adventures we chose.