There is light

I’ve only just found this part of the forum and wanted to briefly share my story.

I was diagnosed with stage 3 DCIS lymph node involvement at 32 weeks pregnant last year. Luckily I was in quite late in 3rd trimester so we all decided that inducing the baby at 34 weeks would be the best course of action, before I started chemo. The birth didn’t exactly go to plan and I ended up with an emergency section and my little boy spent nearly 2 weeks in special care. We got 3 days at home with him before I started chemo!!

Anyway I’m about to start my (hopefully) final chemo tomorrow. At my last scan my lump has shrunk to just under 1cm and they have had to place a wire marker in my boob to mark the area in case it vanishes altogether. I’m seeing surgeon next week to discuss what happends next.

I just wanted to give others hope and say that yes it is hard, it is a complete and utter shock but it is doable.

Lots of love and hugs to you pregnant ladies.
x

Thank you - ( I’m not a pregnant lady but good news always good to hear) and lovely of you to post. Hope the last chemo is manageable and heres to better times with your little boy in post chemo world,
Nicola