67.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thickening near mastectomy scar in other breast...

1 REPLY 1
Sam_BCC

Re: Thickening near mastectomy scar in other breast...

Hi jbug

It sounds like you are going through a worrying time at the moment, I'm sure some of the others users will be a ong soon to offer you their support. 

Whilst you are waiting for their replies you might find it helpful to give the helpline a ring on 0808 800 6000.

Here can talk things through and share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The lines are open today 10 to 2pm and Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

jbug

Thickening near mastectomy scar in other breast...

Hiya,

I had a double mastectomy in 2010 and all has been fine, had implants fitted late 2010.

I have just given birth to twins a week ago and obviously have not experienced any of the usual sore breasts you would normally get with pregnancy due to having no (or near to no breast tissue). But i have just realised that I have a significant thickening on my right breast not far from the scar line near my reconstrcted nipple. It is definately new and more noticeable when raising my arm. 

Is it possible to have it return like this? Could it be related to pregnancy hormones?

I had cancers in my left breast, but decided to have both removed. Would this potentially be a local reoccurence or a new cancer? Have a bad feeling about it, like last time 😞

xx