Thickening on breast painful to touch and grissley.

Hi, been to see gp today and he examination she said my left breast felt quite thick, told me not to worry,could be a number of things. She’s made me referral and should get a appointment in 2 weeks, which worries me because that’s quite quick if the think something is wrong I am only 25, and I just can’t help but worry. I over think things as it is. And haven’t a clue what to expect. ?

Hi B,
It’s quite usual to be referred for an appointment within 2 weeks, so please don’t read anything into it, its quite right your GP has referred.
At your age, it would be very rare for it to be bc, there are many more common reasons for your symptoms.
At the appointment, a Dr will take a history & examine you, it’s usual to have an ultrasound & you may get the all clear at this point. If its not clear what it is, then a mammogram &/or biopsy will be done, so they will get to the bottom of it.
Most likely all will be fine, its what usually happens.
ann x

Thank you for your replies, I have an appointment on Friday and hopefully all will be fine, I do worry a lot and don’t help myself when I go looking online. Il post update on how I go.