Thickening...

Hi girls, I wonder if you can help! I’m out of my mind with worry. I saw the nurse and GP today to examine my left boob. I found a small lump and freaked naturally so booked a doc app. So he had a check of my lymph nodes and abdo and all fine. Checked my left breast and said he felt a ‘thickening’. Didnt seem at all concerned but is referring me for a mammo and u/s to be on the safe side as is customary here in Scotland. Nurse said if he was concerned, id be in there like a shot but said up to a month for an app for my screening.

My question is, when I either press the lump or that area I get a slight nervey pain shooting round my side. Not enough to yelp by any stretch but enough to notice. Does this sound concerning? Feel miserable and anxious xx

Sorry tou have this worry. Thickening is quite common and it’s rare that it’s cancer. I hope you get some reassurance.

Hi Mamastevens2008, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time.

Along with the support you have found here, if you would like to talk you can call our support line on 0808 800 6000. The nurses can talk to you about the pain you have been experiencing and offer a friendly ear.

The helpline is open 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant