cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin hair and no eyebrows/lashes

3 REPLIES 3
Annie22

Re: Thin hair and no eyebrows/lashes

Thanks both for the thoughts and tips. My hair was normal when it grew back, but now, 3 years into the hormone treatment this is when it is thinning and the brows and lashes have gone. I had professionally done false lashes - applied lash by lash, and although the patch test ( for the glue) was ok, I got allergic to them..they looked great but my eyes were red! I react to all make up (high maintenance, as you say - I've even been through all
SpaceNk can offer!) - but maybe the headstrong eyelashes are worth a try as they may have different glue. The hard thing is that for a year after the Herceptin finished I looked good and healthy, but I now am rapidly and visibly ageing. My skin is sallow and I'm more tired as each year goes by. I will look into the eyebrows suggestion. Thanks all...I'm just in a complaining mood today!

Butterfly318

Just a few thoughts on the eyebrows / hair.

Headstrong do a really decent set of false eyebrows, i guess the expectancy is for use during Chemo (the kit with adhesive lasts approx 6 months)  Cost approx £30.  Pretty new product i understand, maybe pricey and just another high maintenance bit of us since treatment...

Due to many years of overplucking my eyebrows were quite thin and not a brilliant shape.  About 4 years ago (age 47 at that time Hormones doing their own thing)  i decided to leave them to grow in to see if i could improve their appearance...... I left them for approx 6 months and they were still sparse and a poor shape.

I decided to look at semi permanent make up and they are really brilliant .  Basically semi permanent tattoo (Beauty industry rather than Tattoo artist)  and i leave any hair that grows on that shape and pluck any around.  Very dark for about a week until they 'scabbed over'.  I had them topped up / colour boost after about 18 months and they were due for that again when i was having Chemo so put that off until about a month ago.

They are a great shape and made a huge difference when i lost all my hair (it was one less thing to worry about).  A number of ladies at Look Good Feel Better day were having similar either before or after Chemo.

Obviously like any procedure / purchase / investment i looked for recommendation / testimonials and have been really pleased with the service.  My lady drew them on my face, coloured in with eyebrow pencil for me a few times so that i could get used to the shape / look.  She also uses semi permanent make up for scar coverage and nipple tattoo.  She does some sessional work in NHS.  From memory i think i paid £300 originally and £150 each colour boost / top up. 

I only completed Chemo Feb 2013, sadly lost all my hair but am currently getting 1/2" approx per month on length and good thickness / improving texture using a Shampoo and Conditioner called FAST.  I have been taking Tamoxifen now for approx 6 months and just experiencing aches (increased walking / trying Yoga and swimming to keep supple) and night sweats (cotton bedding etc )..  I am aware the effects of targeted / hormone therapies can differ greatly bewtween us girls.

Hope any of this is helpful.  I am finding myself much higher maintenance since treatment, everything needs moisturising / colouring / exercising and relaxing!!!!!  Maybe this is not such a bad thing, taking better care of myself.

Take Care  Gilly  x   

Guest user
Not applicable

My hair grew back more or less the same - far less grey than I expected - after Herceptin, but my eyebrows are invisible.  They are there, but virtually transparent.  This bothers me, but not much.

Annie22

Thin hair and no eyebrows/lashes

My hair, which was thick and lovely and my only bit of loveliness has grown back thin and limp. I also have no eyebrows or eyelashes. I know about hair as I used to spend money on it and have it cut regularly, so have tried the various treatments, and taken professional advice etc, so it is the best it can be. My question is to ask if anyone has finished hormone treatment and found that their eyebrows have grown back and hair thickened again?