cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things our kids have done to shame us

5 REPLIES 5
Barton

Re: Things our kids have done to shame us

Oh, Ellie - that's wonderful! I love the museum, too, but don't think I have ever had a tantrum about going!

I haven't had kids, but a story my Mum used to tell about my sister - when she had a tantrum - anywhere- she would lay on the ground and hold her breath until she turned blue! The poor passers-by used to think Mum was so cruel!

In case you think I was too good to be true, I can think of something I said to embarass my poor Mum. We had visitors for lunch one day (old family friends, and supposed to be a quick lunch) and Mum did beans on toast. I asked her, in front of everyone, if it was the tin of beans she had scraped the mould off earlier! She almost curled up with embarassment, but luckily the friends took it in good humour!

Hugs. Barton.x

EJ81

He ha Carolyn. I bet you had plenty of room for all your stuff too! One of my favourites was when we'd gone into town to get a couple of things before we went to the museum which he loves. We made it through the first shop and I needed one more stop to get some birthday cards. This was too much for him. My then two year old lay on the floor in the middle of the shopping centre and cried and bellowed 'I want to go to the museum!' Such a middle-class tantrum!
Carolyn52

Hiya Ellie how cute !! Better than a naughty step!!
Just thought of another :
When my younger one came home from nursery with nits ...we were stood at bus stop to go into town to get some nit lotion ..
He said out loud " I've got nits ..do u want to see". Never has a bus queue moved so far away from us ..and we certainly got a seat on the bus easy !!

EJ81

We had a big cardboard box my little one had been playing with that we jokingly called the box of shame (its from the film despicable me) both sets of grandparents are round and he starts playing up and being rude. I tell him he needs to go and calm down and he goes and sits in the box yelling 'Im in my box of shame!' now they all think it's a real thing!!!!
Carolyn52

Well suppose I had better kick it off ...

When our kids were young we decided to knock down a large wall between lounge and dining room ..aagh bricks and dust.
My five year old went to school the next day and wrote :-
"Yesterday we had to eat our dinner in the garden as the house was so dirty"
The shame .. .👦👦
Carolyn52

Things our kids have done to shame us

It's gone very quiet on these threads so i thought of a new one ..we all have stories to tell of our little ones ..bless them.
So hopefully on a wet Sunday you will join in.