Third FEC - don't want to go..

Hi all
Due my third FEC on Thursday, really do not want to go…
I feel fine, all my SE’s cleared up and the thought of having to go through it all again makes me feel yuk.
I know that the SE’s will pass soon enough and treatment will be over by the spring, but it is taking so long!

Okay rant over, time to get on with the day!

Naz x

NAZ Hang on in there, take a deep breath and see it as a step towards fighting this damn BC.

Sending you lots of strength

xx

I dreaded going in for my chemo - just when you start to feel ok again they make you ill again :slight_smile: Try not to worry (says she who had a panic attack in chemo unit on #2 session!) they can give you something to help calm you down. Eash session is different and you know you can do it and pick yourself back up - you’ve already proved that.
Thinking of you - soon be Spring :slight_smile:

S

Hi Naz

I know just how you feel - I am due my 6th one on Monday and I am now dreading doing it all again! No matter how much people tell me its nearly over its still hard work to summon up the will to go and do it! It is hard and I think gets harder because you know now what to expect and it does seem to go on for ever!

We can do this - It will soon be over and we will look back and think we are glad that we have had it.

Sending you hugs :slight_smile:

Dena xx

Hi Naz

You have got this far and you didn’t think you could do it. Keep going it will soon be over. I have my first Tax on thursday so will be thinking of you.
Love Elle

Oh Naz, I know how you feel, but hang in there girl…every treatment is a step nearer your goal.
sometimes you have to gather your courage and your strength and decide that it won’t beat you.
I hope its not too bad - you will get there in the end, honey
lots of love to you
monica xx

((((hugs)))) I understand exactly how you feel. I’m going for my 4th FEC on Thursday so perhaps we can hold each other’s virtual hand!

It’s a very strange feeling to feel perfectly well but know that on thursday we will have to voluntarily submit to something that we know will make us feel lousy - in my case the effects last for about a week. Although I’ve been lucky and SE’s have been pretty mild I still feel vaguely nauseous just thinking about it.

I hope it all goes well for you on Thursday and I’ll be thinking of you and willing you on!

Linda
xxx

I know it doesn’t feel like it now but take heart. When they are all done you very quickly forget the pain and discomfort. I found it helped to give me courage to do it if I had planned something positive to look forward to on my good days. Often it was somenthing simple like great coffee and a huge scone at my favourite cafe with a good mate. Doesn’t sound like much but looking forward to it helped me over the worst.

Jan xx

Thanks so much for all your lovely supportive comments, i feel loads better having read them.
You are all right, each one completed is a stop closer to getting it all over and done with…!
Planning nice things to do on my good days is a really good idea…i need to do more of that i think!

Okay, deep breath, I can do this…WE can do this…

All the best to those having treatment on Thursday…i will be thinking of you!

Naz xxx

Having second FEC tomorrow so no where you are, i am not an emotional person, but i am confused as to why i feel this way.

I dont want to give you the normal positive talk, but will be with you in spirit, maybe that will help

Hang on in there girls, it will soon be a distant memory. I did what Jan did and planned things for my “good weeks” to look forward to. The worst part for me was knowing I was going to be ill again… it is a horrid feeling, but a small price to pay in beating this disease. Keep goin, it’s tough at times, but you can do it!
x

We’re all there will you I can assure you - I have my 2nd Tax and 6th overall dose of Chemo on Monday coming and frankly … I really really really really don’t want to do it but I must cause I DO NOT want to be here again in 5 or 10 years with BC again so on we go.

I know just how hard this is - think of the positives you know already that you do recover and you will so chin up and shoulders squared and off we go - try to do what Janey suggests and plan good times with pals and loved ones for the time when you feel up to it - a good old laugh makes all the difference :slight_smile:

Luv and a Hug R xx

Thanks guys!
Not feeling too bad at the mo.
I think one of the difficulties i have is the waiting at the hospital. They are frequently running two or more hours behind every time and i hate the wait as it makes me want to run before my name is called!

Anyway, get this one out the way and i am halfway there…wahoo!

Recs,you are so right, i keep telling myself that i have to do this as i too do (as all of us feel)not want to be doing this again in the future, no way…

Love to you all.

Naz x

You’re doing well and it is very hard. I was so sick on FEC that I lost 2 stone in 9 weeks and I kept wanting to say no more. I just kept reminding myself why I was having it and that I was lucky to have the treatment.
I’ve also experienced the waiting. We lived an hour from the hospital and at worst had to wait 4 hours for treatment. Normally though the wait was always 1 to 2 hours. I started to fill this time more productively by taking things to do such as updating my CV, dealing with correspondence etc. May sound odd but the time past much quicker than sitting reading mags.

Good luck with it and hang in there.
A big hug to you
Elinda x

Thanks Elinda for your post…sometimes i don’t feel like i am doing well, but keep I persevering with it.
FEC is horrid, makes me nauseous, and like you, i told myself that last time that i was not going to have any more, and as for TAX forget it! However, here i am psyching myself up for tomorrow, prepared for the wait and armed with sweets and ginger ale…!

I think tomorrow i will sit down at write a plan of action for what i want to achieve this year…and how i am going to get there…that will definitely take a while!

Bye for now.
Naz x

Hi Naz, good luck tomorrow, i found that by thinking, if it makes me feel this bad, imagine how bad the cancer feels.
take care
anna

Thanks Anna, that is a good way of thinking …x

Think of the chemo as like the old PacMan video game …just gobbling up all those horrid, nasty cancer cells! And yes, if it makes us feel so bad, think what its doing to those bad cells :-))

Hi Naz

Good luck tomorrow, as others have said think what its doing to the B********, you are half way there. Yes do something nice when you feel well I also used to do something nice the day before as well to keep me going. I used to think of a time or place when I was happy before BC and visualise that and where I was going to be again,that also kept me going.

They also told me at the chemo unit that people who were ill on FEC and I was ill, were better on TAX, and I was, it was not a walk in the park, but I did not feel as ill as I did on FEC. My hair started to grow again after the second one too, so that is something to look forward to. Keep going it is worth it and we all think of you and suppotrt you on here.
x

Hi Naz

Been a while since I posted anything purely because 2nd chemo had me floored and at an all time low - got my 3rd one tomorrow (Thursday) and all I can say is Uurghh - not again and so quickly …but gotta go.

We’re half way there chemo bud - hang in there

Thinking of you and anyone else experiencing the same.

Hugs and regards Leigh xxx