Thought get I was coping well... now not sure.

Hi

What ways are people finding to cope with the waiting?

should I talk to people, friends etc or play it all down and just get on with things till I know for sure?

Any advice greatly received xxx

Hi Rosie,

Sorry that you are in this situation.  As anyone here will tell you, the waiting is undoubtedly the hardest part and there is no best way of coping.  I personally, tried to pretty much carry on as normal.  I have children aged 10 and 12 so life had to continue as usual.  Apart from my husband, I didn’t tell anyone else in the family what was going on, as I didn’t want to cause unnecessary worry.  I did tell a couple of good friends and a couple of work colleagues which definitely helped.  I probably drank more wine than I should have too!

Others will have different ways of coping, there’s no right or wrong way.  It’s a tough time though and I really feel for you.

Sending you a hug xxx

Hi ladies, at the waiting diagnosis stage I had to try and keep a lid on things as my children knew nothing and although they are adults I wasn’t going to worry them unless I had to so apart from my hubby and a couple of close friends no one else knew , I went to work and put a brave face on , it was such a hard week and I could easily have hidden in bed but I couldn’t so dug deep and got through it, there is no right or wrong way just what helps you the most Xx No 

Oh and drank my body weight in wine! ??

Hi Rosie,
Wise words from Jobey & Charys.
Essentially, it’s about what’s comfortable for you.
When waiting for the biopsy results, As I had an appointment a week later for the results, I mentally ‘shelved’ it until I knew what I was dealing with, only my hubbie knew what was going on. Interestingly, maybe it was denial, but I was so convinced it would be ok, that I didn’t worry about it & in an odd sort of way, that held, as it did turn out I had an early & very treatable bc.
So I’m so glad I went for my screening mammo as I nearly didn’t.
We can all react differently, there’s no right or wrong, so just do what You want to.
ann x

Thank you ladies for your support…I’ve been staying off here for the last week just trying to get on with life and Xmas stuff! Woke up this morning with a horrible feeling of isolation and loneliness. It’s just the waiting and worrying. You all know I don’t need to tell you!! Every single day seems to take a little bit of extra energy to get through than normal xxx