Thoughts

I have some pain in my left breast not agony but slightly painful and have a swelling under my arm again not huge but a bit tender.
I’m 49 and had a hysterectomy 10 + years ago and bee on hrt since…
I also get a pain in my back ( same side) but only when I’m lying down should I be concerned?

I’ve read up a bit but don’t want to over react or imagine symptoms that are not there . I think reading too much can make the mind work overtime.
Trying not to be worried, thank you

Belle

Hello and welcome to this lovely forum.

First of all, dont google generally, it will scare the living daylights out of you as you have found out, you will convince yourself that there is something much worse wrong.

Why dont you make an appointment with your GP and get it checked out, it is very likely going to be something very simple.

Let us know how you get on and sending you a hug

Helena xxxx

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me Helena , I did make an appointment for Thursday but was going to cancel as I felt as though I was overreacting but will just go.

Thanks again x

I will do Helena ,thank you xx

Hi Helena, I went to the doctors today and both the nurse and the doctor examined me.
They found a very small lump that I didn’t feel. They couldn’t feel any swelling under my arm but it was painful as was my nipple when examined. I’ve been referred to the breast clinic and given a course of antibiotics. He said he’s hopeful it’s just an infection but has referred me for a mammogram.
Still hoping it’s just an infection.
Thank you for your support x

Thank you lady bowler xx

Eventually got an appointment , got a few weeks to go and it’s very difficult not to get stressed while waiting. I’m finding it difficult concentrating on anything else

Eventually got an appointment , got a few weeks to go and it’s very difficult not to get stressed while waiting. I’m finding it difficult concentrating on anything else and I’m making everyone miserable, could scream

Hi Bassplayer

Thank you for your support, I feel a bit better about it today. My appointment is the last day of the month and it seems so long away.
I have finished my course of antibiotics and while the symptoms seemed to go away while taking them , they have come back as soon as I finished.

I hope you are feeling a bit better , I’m keeping as busy as possible so as not to think of it but everyone around me seems to be discussing ’ it’ even though I haven’t said anything.

Please try to stay upbeat and positive and let’s hope the outcome is good for all of us .

Keep in touch , I get automatic notification so can reply quickly most of the time , if you need to chat

Belle xx

Hi Helena,

Thank you so much for your continued support, my appointment is the 31 st of this month, seems so long away. !!

As most of the ladies say it’s the waiting that’s stressful, my doctor had said about 2 weeks for the appointment but it’s worked out 4 weeks and it’s dragging.

I know others needs are more important and it will be here before I know it , just finding it difficult to concentrate on anything else…

But remaining positive as lots of women had a good outcome.

Thank you so much for your time and support xx

I will update you with the results

Belle xx

Hi Bassplayer

In a band !

Now that’s impressive, I am 49 years old.

That’s good you have your appointment tomorrow it means things get moving quickly.

Geographically I think it depends on your area and how quickly you receive a referral but let’s hope it’s not too long.

I’m assuming that you will be offered a referral as a precautionary as it seems that most ladies do get a referral if they have any symptoms.,

I think if I hadn’t been taking HRT for so long I would be less concerned but still staying positive.,

Fingers crossed we are both singing from the rooftops with relief in a few weeks time.

I keep going through different scenarios of how to discuss it with my family and friends if it is bc but feel as thought if I mention it just now I could be causing a lot of upset over nothing if it’s not.

Hence why I decided to join the forum .

I will be thnking of you tomorrow, what time is your appointment?

Belle xx

Hi Bassplayer

I hope all went well today , drop me a wee line and let me know how you got on today.

PS I love country music

Belle xx

Hi Bassplayer

Oh that’s magnificent news , I am so pleased for you :slight_smile:

I am in work therefore a quick reply. I will let you know how I get on, feeling more positive every day as I’m constantly hearing good news.

That’s so lovely you have a ’ Belle’ in your family .

Good Luck with the band , I might catch you playing one day .

Thank you for your support

Luv

Belle x

Hi Bassplayer

It is so lovely to hear from you. In feeling fine, emotionally good days and up and down days . It’s just the waiting that’s frustrating and a drag at times.

My symptoms didn’t clear after the antibiotics but the pain isn’t unbearable although I find I’m constantly having a prod around and it then becomes more painful. So trying to leave it alone.

Still feeling upbeat as I don’t believe it’s anything sinister. Although I had a wee wobbly day last week and told my sister I was wondering a wee bit concerned but haven’t mentioned it to anyone else as I don’t want to make a drama out of it.

I live near Livingston, smack bang in the middle of Glasgow and Edinburgh. Where do you play your gigs ?

That’s great you are still enthusiastic about your music and playing. I’m pretty useless musically but really admire musicians and the dedication!!

I’m glad you are doing well, sounds as though you are being very positive, I hope the pain has eased for you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me xxx :slight_smile:

Keep in touch

Love Belle xx

Feeling a bit concerned not wondering

Hi Chrissy

Thank you for your messages it’s so lovely that you make the effort to keep in touch.

I can’t believe I still have another 2 weeks before the appointment, getting fed up with it all.

Not been in any pain the past 2 days so thinking of Just cancelling the appointment. I can’t feel any lump at all ( even though the doctor said he could) .

I think I’ve been stressing over nothing and it seems pointless to continue to worry for the next two weeks for nothing.

I hope the music practice is going well, you must visit Scotland its amazingly beautiful ( rubbish weather but stunning .

Onwards and upwards, stay positive xx

Belle xx

Hi Ladybowler

I’m just so fed up with all the waiting around. My husband and children are fed up with my moods , one minute happy then the next I’m miserable.

I won’t cancel it and decide nearer trhe time , I just know I can’t go another 2 weeks of this roller coaster of feelings.

Thank you for your support xxx

Hi Belle,
As Helena says.
The uncertainty & not knowing is what’s so hard to handle, but those thoughts will still play on your mind if you dont go & could end up prolonging the whole thing, when the chances are, you’ll get the all clear & it’s resolved.
Take care
ann x

Hi Ann

Thank you , I decided to tell my husband and I’m going to the appointment. I’m sure it will be clear but as you all say it’s better to just get it over with.

Thank you to you all xx

Belle

Thank you Helena, you are right it is the pits. I feel much better just actually saying it out loud . I was beginning to think I was imagining everything, I feel much more upbeat. Thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to reply.

You are all so very kind xx

Belle