cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three years ago today

60 REPLIES 60
Kacey0804

Re: Three years ago today

I have just had my last rads treatment and so have moved across from the 'Going through treatment' threads.

What an inspirational thread from Tors. I am going through the emotional stage of feeling a bit alone after active treatment finished, but those words by Tors have really lifted my spirits today. I look forward to being able to post my own 'three years ago' in 2019.

Thank you

Kathy xx

Cesrabbit

Charys
Community Champion

It really really helps when people come back after years to give an update. As someone newly diagnosed that's what I want to hear right now, how others have managed the mountain and that they have found the summit. Thank you

Jill1998
Community Champion

Nice one,here's to another year without the bugger raising its ugly head!!
WP23

Good news Jill 1998,

results are in and they are satisfactory :):):):) yippee xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Keep checking in Tors,gives those of us a few years behind you hope and encouragement .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck with your results Wendy,hopefully you can breath a sigh of relief when your letter comes.

WP23

Tors

You are an inspiration, I have just read through this thread and it is so good to hear all of the good stories.

Congratulations on "6 years", fantastic news, hope you will be back for many many years to come.

I am 2 years post diagnosis tomorrow!! just waiting for the scary mammo results xx
Wendy
tors

Hi, I always promised myself that I'd keep in touch with the BCC Forum if I was lucky enough to be ok. So, this week saw my six year anniversary since I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 at age 36, and here I am updating people! I touch lots of wood as I say this, but I seem to be doing well, I'm much the same as I was at my "three years ago today" post, but because it's six years now, I suppose I'm double ok!!! Take care everybody, I'll keep checking in xxx

songbird68

Rolocat - congratulations to you and hope you have an amazing day to mark your three year anniversary!
big hugs:)
x x
songbird68

Tors, Congratulations on hitting the five year mark! Loved the three-year-post.
More inspiration for you all: My friend is eight years out and counting:)
She had node involvement ,chemo, surgery,rads, got through the 5 yrs AI. Now she says she can't remember all the detalis! The woman is unstoppable!
I will be two years out come August(3x IDC tumors +DCIS). I want to live long enough to forget the details too:)
big hugs everyone
x x
rolocat

I was so touched when I first read this post,it made me cry because I could identify with so much of what you said.I was coming up for my first anniversary at that time which I found really difficult and emotional.
However,your words were so inspiring that I have sought it out again today,never having posted anything before,because today is my 'Three years ago today" and it feels very significant.At the beginning you can't imagine reaching this point and now it is lovely to share with other people who understand.Thank you
lexilou3

Hi SML, i had my mamo a little early as am due to have symmetrisation surgery next week. Was like a bear with a sore head dancing on hot coals each time the post didnt come. 3 weeks down the line rang for the results, phew.... so blinking relieved 😄
So hopefully final op next week then backk to bras that fit 😄
Best wishes for your mammo results and grats on your first year too x x
SML1903

Hi Lexilou3

Snap! I was diagnosed 1 year ago on 19/3 so my first year anniversary. I don't know about you but I find it hard to believe that it has come around so quickly. Like you I feel a bit wobbly sometimes but slowly getting there. It seems amazing to think what we have been through this past year. I had my first check up last week with my surgeon and had a scan and mammogram. The scan was clear so just waiting for the mammogram results. Have you had a check up yet?

Congratulations on your 1st anniversary.

lexilou3

Hooray for 5 years tors... still an awesome post.Thanks for coming back with your update. Mine was a march diagnosis, and this is my 1st year anni... am wobbling but hanging in there. Hope you are cracking on with life again. X x x
tors

Just thought I'd add a little caveat by way of update, to say that, as of last week, I had my Five Years Ago Today moment. It's taken me a week to be able to feel properly grateful for it as the five years stirred up a myriad of different feelings which I hadn't remotely anticipated feeling. Guilt, memories, fear..... It's tough this cancer malarkey isn't it!!!

lexilou3

Thank you Tors, what a fabulous post. I will br back to view again when I need that extra lift. I understand the medical jargon, but am now also learning other definitions for "bump":-D looking forward to March with you x x
moorcow

Many congratulations Tors, and thanks for the lovely post - in 3 weeks time I reach 5 years and your post resonates so strongly with me.

Moorcow

lottie63

Hi all, hello applestreet I remember you 🙂 , I am coming up for my 3rd year check, February so its always an anxious time ( actually when isnt ? ) this was so ggod to read, glad it has been bumped up

Love to all

L x

applestreet

Giving this a bump..fantastic uplifting post...

JETS

Just what I needed post bilateral mx xxx
keepmumsane

Beautiful and Uplifting.  Xxx thank you 

NAZ

It was and still is, a fantastic piece of writing and one which catches my breath every time. Look forward to reading again in March too.

Maryland

Thank you for bumping this up Naz....I was diagnosed exactly 3 years ago today.....reading your initial post was very uplifting and inspiring....especially as it's the time of year when the annual mammogram letter lands on the doormat and the stomach knotting anxieties begin again! Look forward to reading your post in March 🙂 take care x

tors

Just bumping this up, touching wood I can write my 5 years ago today post in march 🙂

NAZ

Fab thread, just keep reading it everyone!
It brings a tear my my eye every time xxx
Naz xxx

tracyld

Keep it going girls, it deserves another read. Well done Tors xxx
Midge

Again!!

Kindensurprise

Tors,
Thanks your your poignant post, which struck many chords with me too. Congratulations on reaching 3 years.

Kinden xx

Funkilala

I was just about to log off for the night and I saw a link to your post In the Valentines thread. I'm glad I stopped and read your amazing post. I was a bit down just before I opened it and you have now cheered me up so much. I am still at the beginning of my own journey (DX Nov 12) and 3 years ahead seemed such a long way off for me. As I gazed at the screen I looked back and remembered something that happened 3 years ago and realised how fast time has flown since then and It put everything in to perspective for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to tell us your 3 year story. I'm going to bed in a completely different frame of mind and it's all down to you. I hope if I make 3 years that I can come back on here and make someone else feel the way you have made me feel tonight
All the very best to you and yours.
Live laugh love x x x
CEA49

What can I say that hasn't already been said? A beautiful post, wonderfully written, full of grace & serenity. Wow! Thank you. Caroline x
xmaseve52

Hi Tors,beautifully written,can't wait for my three years,am only at the point of waiting for second chemo,but one day at a time.Will get there eventually.Thanks and good health to you Love Chris xxxx
sunshine_lilly

Hi Tors.
what beautiful words, i raise a glass for you, and hope that i too can reach 3years, i now have hope.
big hugs xxxxx
Irenee

Hi Tors
Thankyou ... so moving.... So true....You have so encouraged me to keep going. Congratulations...and hoping we all get there too. Thankyou again xxxxx
happy73

3 years ago I was with you every step of the way . Glad to see you've come so far and providing so much inspiration to so many. Keep up the good work xx

sarah xx

Lynberi

Hi Tors,
Thank you for your brilliant post. I am just about 5 months ahead of you and feel and have felt just the same. I can hardly believe I have actually been through it all. In October I elected to have a second Mastectomy and it has given me a sense of freedom. All the very best to you and everyone reading this.
xxx

NAZ

What a lovely thread Tors - it made me feel all emotional, happy and sad.
I am 6 months ahead of you, DX Sept 2009..
Mine/our lives will never be the same again, as Tracy has mentioned.
It has been a long hard road for many of us, a real roller coaster of emotions.
That line between life and death, staring at us in the face..
My own children, who were then 5 and 18 mths old -tiny little dependent (and still are) children none the wiser about the journey ahead.

Tors, i just love your piece of writing..the words so poignant and speak so much truth of the reality of the BC journey.

Here's to many many years ahead of us all.

carrie35

Congratulations and hoping that one day I may too get there x

Bethy

What a wonderful post . I was diagnosed in September 2008 and like Tors I have lost several dear friends that were diagnosed at the same time as myself. I thank God every day ( and I was never religious). Heres hoping for many free years to come... xx

tracyld

Bumping up so that more ladies can read Tors beautiful post. xxx
tracyld

Dear Tors,
Congratulations on your Three Years today and your wonderful post to us all. I will be 3 years on 20th July this year , so not too far behind you. What a journey we have all been on, and all what you say is so true . After a Cancer diagnosis we are never the same again, we know we have been facing life or death. We are so grateful that we are still around to see our children and hopefully grand children grow up and of course we are so sad for the ones we have lost along the way, like my friend and work colleague who died of Liver Cancer at age 48 and my next door neighbour who died of Breast Cancer last year at 56 as it had already spread to her bones. We are so grateful that we must endeavour to get others to Touch Look Check and be Breast aware. We are grateful for so much , that we learn to cope. We endure pain and become strong, that does not mean that we will never cry again, it just means that we try and Smile more Lots of love Tracy xxx
meggy

HI Tors
What a lovely post. I remember you so well from 3 years ago when I was around just having had double Mx, primary stuff etc, and then I went my merry way about 2 years ago thinking cancer was behind me, and I'm back again, getting so much information and support from this forum for my recurrence. We come and go at different times according to whether cancer is number one worry at the top of our minds, or whether it has started to sink as other things take over! Funny old life. Thanks so much...
Maggy x

TwinksMum

Tors, so so beautifully written and honest. Thank you. x

JCJ

Struggling to see through the tears to type. What a beautiful post, so eloquently put. Thank you.
dib

Beautiful and heartfelt,you've said it as I would like to but don't have the vocabulary,I am a little way behind you,I was diagnosed Aug 3rd 2010,and so happy to be here today,even with the aching,painful joints,bless you,
Di.x

mangochutney

Hi Tors.
What a beautiful post. You've certainly captured the way feel myself felt, 2 years ago TOMORROW!!
I never thought I'd reach 2 years and yet here I am on the eve of that day!!
just waiting for my mammogram results from last week. Fingers crossed?
Heres to many more years to come!!
Much love
Mandy xxxx

kevinj

Let’s all hope every lady/ or man on this site can take inspiration from your lovely post I know my wife has thank you.

Tuppence

Thank you for this post Tors. It is a light at the end of the tunnel moment for me right now. I will raise a glass of ginger beer to you!

Tup x
Lola65

Thank you Tors for that beautiful post. I'm another one still at the beginning of this journey into the unknown and you have given me hope.

xxx
millymolly_m

Thank you Tors, from the bottom of my heart
MM xx