Thrush treatment spread on thighs!!!!!

Hi

On FEC, day 7 and have discovered the rash spreading over the top of my thighs is not responding to the sudocreme! It is spreading too, to my genital region, is it thrush? I read somewhere of a recommend treatment, but cant fjnd the right thread today, doh, brains a bit like mince.

Anyone else have this as it is not listed as a normal SE? If so, how did you manage to treat it? Was it successful?

Thanks to all…
X

Sorry not had the rash problem but I’d suggest seeing GP before the weekend to save you suffering any more - my GPs and hospital have always wanted me to get advice rather than trying to cope for too long and Thrush needs treating and is usually easy to treat.
x

Hi Blackspotk,

I had thrush while on FEC in 08. It started after about a week and, as far as I know, it started internally. It was horrible - boiling hot and very itchy. I got Canesten pessary and cream from the GP which quickly got rid of it. I’m not sure if yours is thrush if it started on the thighs - could be a steroid reaction or an allergic reaction to chemo. In that case, you’d prob.need anti-histamines. Maybe worth seeing Dr. or at least ringing them up as I’m no expert.

Hope you get some relief soon,

Sarah x

Duplicate post - BCC server probs

If it is in that region, it could be Dhobie Itch (ringworm AKA jock rot). Don’t worry, it’s a silly name, it’s not caused by a worm. Do a Google search for images to see if that’s what it is.

Thanks for your replies. Starting to sting when i pee, so maybe thrush. (lovely topic")

Ninja , that sounds terrible, don’t want it (stamps feet)!, but you are always so knowledge!

Sigh, too late to see gp now, so will get some Canestsn and see what happens.

Cheers x

This happened to me, came up almost overnight.
Go see your GP. I was given Caneston with HC (hydrocortisone). It settled down after 24 hours but took a few days longer to clear completely.

Blaclspotk: “Ninja , that sounds terrible, don’t want it (stamps feet)”

It’s very common in summer in men (between scrotal sac and thighs, my ex used to get it every year) and under the boobs of women with large ones, where the boob and upper abdomen are in contact.