Thyroid

Hi been having the runs after taking Arimidex for one week had blood test normal but docter said today I have problems with my thyroid some thing to do with hormones so after tell hospital next week and try a different hormone tab the go back in 3montes for blood test again fed up never get off this treadmill

The runs is not my hormone tab had to take sample to doctors today to send to lab just want to feel normal

Toulula,
Worth keeping eye on thyroid levels…did they think it was connected in some shape or form to yr meds?
More women than men develp thyroid problems totally independent of bc. If you do develop it you can take thyroxine as a tablet…and unlike some of the bc meds it doesn’t tend to have side affects
Hope that helps
Seabreeze

Hi ladies, I hope you don’t mind me joining in your chat? I was diagnosed with an Underactive Thyroid approx 6 years ago and am taking the hormone Thyroxine every day for life, with no problems at all. Apart from yearly blood tests to check that i need to adjust the amount (which has happened twice) I don’t even realise i have it anymore, that is until my B/C diagnosis and subsequent treatment over the past 2 years so far.

As soon as I started taking the Anastrozole (yet another synthetic hormone to take!) is when all these awful side effects began. Most of them are par for the course and expected, but I have always been aware of some that I wonder are in any way the result of mixing the Thyroxine with the Anastrozole?

I will soon be enquiring about my next Thyroid test and will mention this when i go and hope that then nurse may be able to give me some answers. Having been taking the Thyroid hormones at least 6 years before the Anastrozole with no problems, i do wonder if some of the way i feel can be attributed to taking both together?

Surely too many man made drugs is not a good thing for some people? If I could stop taking the Anastrozole just to see what happens then I would in the hope that these feelings would go away!! So I feel like I am in some kind of Catch 22 situation where I know that there is a reason for all of this but can’t think of a way to get it to just stop! Is there anyone out there with a suggestion that maybe i haven’t considered? Some days I feel desperate to be “normal” and have at least one day with no problems!!

Cheers, Michele x