Time flies... almost a year now....

Hi ladies. How are you all doing? It’s been almost a year since I was diagnosed, and I have had my first post dx mammogram. I went for my results last week, and my onc told me everything was fine, and he was very pleased with me! I see my surgeon in February, but I don’t need to see my onc again until August 2009. It was a relief, I can tell you, but then you all know what it’s like.

I just wanted to thank all the ladies on here for being such a huge support to me. It was always nice to know that there was someone I could confide in, who had been there, and you’ll never know how much it meant to me, and still does. You are all lovely people, beautiful inside and out.

On a sad note, I have just heard that a lady who worked in our local chemist has just died from bc. She was a truly lovely lady, always smiling, and so friendly. Her children are just a little older than my son.

Well done you for getting to your 1st post dx mammogram, a good milestone to reach. I am now nearly 9 months since dx and in some ways it seems like ages ago but in others it seems like last week. I can agree with you wholeheartedly about hte ladies on this site, I did not find this site until after dx and surgery but the support and friendship has been tremendous.

I am so sorry to hear that the lady in the chemist has passed away, it is always sad to hear that the cancer has claimed another life.

I hope you continue to keep impressing your onc and surgeon

I see my surgeon for a check-up in a couple of weeks and hope that he is also pleased with me.

I have my first check since DX last october on Tuesday …cant have maamo cos of the recon ,ultra sound I assume …I am dreading it as I have some joint pain that they are gonna check out too ,so if you want to cross everything for me …please do !!!

Hi everybody,

I’m also a year from diagnosis and had my mammogram last Monday. My next appointment with Surgeon and Oncologist is not until November but thought I would be informed if anything showed up. Got home from work today and saw a letter addressed to me and suddenly all thoughts were going through my head and I felt sick inside in case something had shown on the mammogram. Was relieved to find the letter was something else. Probably will be a bit apprehensive until I actually am told the result.

Sandra

Hello everyone,I am also 1 year on from diagnosis and had my mamogram 2 weeks ago,I rang for my results as to anxious to wait for letter and was told all looked ok ,now I wait for the letter to see it in writing !!! My next appt to see surgeon is next month and oncologist is feb 09.

All fingers and toes crossed for you mazaroo

Hi all …didnt get mammo …nor ultrasound not till 2 years after DX wasnt very reassured next appt 31 March 2009 !!!