Welcome to the BCC Forum. I'm sorry you find yourself with this dilemma. You might find it helpful to call our Helpline to talk this over. They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000
Very best wishes
Hi all, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but I am trying to decide whether I need to have my screening privately. The situation is I found a lump on Monday night so went to the doctor on Tuesday - she referred me for a screening that will be within 2 weeks, apparently. The problem is I am going on holiday for a week this Saturday, and if they send me an appointment for while I am away I will lose it, have to go back to the doctor and be re-referred and wait another two weeks. The doctor did put on my referral form that I was not home until the 20th but I don't know if this will be sufficient.
So, what I am asking I suppose is, do you think the two-week (or possibly fou- week) wait is quick enough in terms of catching anything in time that needs treatment, or is every day vital/critical in the chances of survival? Sorry to put it so bleakly but I would hate to think that I didn't do the right thing if the worst happens and I could have prevented it.
I have no experience of this kind of thing and don't know whether I should try and borrow the money from somewhere for a private screening before I go on holiday (i.e. tomorrow), or whether waiting a few weeks would really make no difference in the grand scheme of things.
Does anyone know what the best thing to do is? I'm just looking for some advice really as I am scared.