Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tinnitus

6 REPLIES 6
ChristineR

Re: Tinnitus

Hi Hazel
I am on Arimidex and have been for three years now. My cholesterol levels were slightly raised before I started Arimidex but now they are so high I have to take statins plus have fasting blood tests every six months. I have tried a few different types of statins until I found one with less SE. I hope you can manage to lower your cholesterol naturally. I do get aches and pains with the Arimidex and fatigue but I have just started pilates in the hope things will improve. Hope your blood test goes well, take care.
Christine
Flint

Hello Hazelmary

I take statins (did so before BC) had awful SE from first ones and stopped but was given a different one and feel fine on it. If you do decide to take them make sure you get a liver function test on a regular basis. Don't rely on the surgery to request one.

I had awful burning mouth too after about 6 months on Letrozole. Now at almost 3 years  it has calmed down but I have to be very careful to let food/drinks cool otherwise it all starts up again. I found plain yoghurt soothing. I think Letrozole has sapped my energy and caused lots of joint problems also along with thinning hair and wrinkles!

I was told my high cholesterol is caused by lack of an enzyme - diet and exercise levels were OK.

I hope you can improve your cholesterol naturally as many people have done  and good luck

ChristineR

hazelmary

Hello Christine,

I'd like to say I feel better but its hard to judge. I developed burning mouth syndrome 6 months after starting Letrozole and am still under the hospital for it but that seems to be getting better but on Monday I went for a health check at my GPs and it seems I have high cholesterol which is one of the side effects listed for Letrozole. As I have never had a cholesterol test before I don't know whether it is due to Letrozole or not but I have a fasting blood test next Wednesday so will get a better idea of what is happening. I have decided that I will not go on statins as my husband is on them and he gets aches and pains since being on them. I am hoping that I can lower it by exercise and diet. Certainly the aches and pains are still with me, hopefully they will go eventually.

Hazel

ChristineR

Hi Hazel,
Thanks for your reply. My tinnitus has affected my hearing do I have to wear hearing aids now. Do you feel better now you have stopped taking letrozole eg more energy and less tired? I still have another two years of Arimidex to go and I am hoping I will have loads more energy when I finish. Maybe it is wishful thinking!
Christine
hazelmary

Hello Christine,

I have just finished 5 yrs Letrozole and I have had problems with what I think might be tinnitus, it does come and go. I can't remember where I read it but I think it might be a sympton of the menopause so it could well be due to Arimidex.

Hazel

ChristineR

Tinnitus

Has anyone been affect by tinnitus since having chemo and having Arimidex?