Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for acting "normal" at work

1 REPLY 1
Jo_BCC

Re: Tips for acting "normal" at work

Hi CSKH

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will find lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies, our helpline team are at hand with both practical and emotional support.  Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

I have also put you the link to one of our publications you might find helpful to read before your hospital appointment.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

CSKH

Tips for acting "normal" at work

Hello all,

I got told on Friday that I have 6 signs of breast cancer by my GP and have been fast tracked for a 2 week appointment at the breast clinic. My appointment is on Wednesday 13th. I am not naive and know that with the odds stacked against me that the results next week will more than likely point me down the path of having cancer. The only issue I am having right now is to try and look "normal at work for the next week. I do not want to inform work of what I am going through right now incase luck is on my side and it turns out to not be cancer then I would of worried everyone for no reason. But I am due a promotion at work and I don't want my chances to be squashed by the threat of cancer. I feel like I am "acting" quite well but a few people have asked me if I am ok, so far I have managed to produce no tears and I have been great at saying "yeah I'm ok just tired" but I wondered if anyone had any tips on how to not think of the results every single minute and how to get through the next week without screaming and having a full grown tantrum 🙂

I am 29 and a very bubbly person so not being able to act like everything is ok is making people concerned. Thank you for reading 🙂