Tired of all this waiting!

Hi everyone, having a really bad day today can’t seem to stop crying. I had my MRI on Thursday and I am now waiting for my next appointment to come through. My journey with cancer started on September 13th and it seems everyone else who started this journey around the same time is a lot further ahead than me with their treatment plans and I am struggling to deal with all this waiting and worrying. I have invasive lobular cancer stage 2 and I have been told the planning for treatment will be difficult, just wish things would hurry along!

Hello Looby52

I’m sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time at the moment.  While you are waiting for replies maybe you could give our free helpline a ring on 0808 800 6000 and have a confidential chat with one of the breast care nurses who are there to support you, lines are open to Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 – 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Could you ring the breast cancer nurse at the hospital and try and get the appointment this week at least? I wouldnt accept having to wait all that time. Kick up a fuss you have a right to!

Leesa x

Hiya, I feel for you so much!

Did you get diagnosed on Sept 13th?

I think that the national guideline in the NHS state that anyone

diagnosed with breast cancer should start their treatment (usually chemo or surgery) within

one month of diagnosis.

Big hugs, P