Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiredness and radiotherapy

6 REPLIES 6
1960sgirl

Re: Tiredness and radiotherapy

Hi Ladies,

I had rads in May/June. Felt nothing for first 2 days but then the tiredness started. Fell asleep anywhere and everywhere. Probably slept 18 hours a day some days, and never less than 12, this went on for weeks after the rads had finished even though I followed all recommendations - exercise, drinking plenty of water etc. Although I'm now back at work full time (went back full time 6 weeks after single mx , 10 weeks after finishing rads) I still feel sleepy and tired at regular intervals. I am also aware that I get really puffed out very quickly if I exert myself for any length of time. But it is gradually improving. Hang in there. It will get better. 

daffodil

Hi sue and beth. Just to let you know i also felt exhasuted in my first week but have felt less tired since - not sure why but i did wonder if it was the emotional relief at finally starting or the newness of it in that first week. I finished yesterday so hoping my energy levels will only improve from now. Hope your tiredness follows my pattern and improves as you go. I would also echo Jills advise of drinking loads - often easy to forget to rehydrate from the inside as well as the cream on the outside. Hope you are both fine with the rest of your treatments. Aileen

Sue C
Community Champion

Thanks Jill, will do x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Try drinking plenty of water ,I felt like this during rads and the radiologist told me it was dehydration and to drink more water ,made an immediate difference particularly with the tiredness .Worth a try .
Sue C
Community Champion

I think it must be the rads then Beth. Not had any bother with the travelling and the hospital that I go to are always on time, and more often than not, early. I did move house at the weekend, so it could be a build up from that lol x

Hope we don't feel like this for 4 weeks. Still got boxes to unpack!

Beth123

Hi Sue

ive only had two and feel the same - so tired and sleepy. Don't know whether it's the rads causing this or it's just the stress of the waiting and waiting for it to start, and now it's here I've just slowly deflated like a sad balloon! Also the travelling etc is taking its toll already. This afternoon I could barely keep my eyes open. 

With 18 still to go, I fear I may be a wreck by then!

ive also had some stabbing pains in my breast but these have settled again this evening. We'll get there!

rest and look after yourself 

Beth x

Sue C
Community Champion

Tiredness and radiotherapy

Hi Ladies

Feeling really tired today and a litre bit poorly( headache, sickly). Is this from the radiotherapy? I've only had 3!! Anyone feel like this? Does it get easier or have I got 3 more weeks of this?!

A bit fed up

Sue x