Tiredness helped by aromatherapy session and relaxation

Hi,

I just wanted to let others know how helpful I found it was to have an aromatherapy massage session a couple of days ago.

I have today had my 15th radiotherapy session (now just 3 boosts to go). Hardly any skin effects but I get really tired some days. 

The aromatherapy is one of several complemetary therapies offered at the Macmillan centre attached to the hospital. The aromatherapist talked with me and then mixed up some scented oils, which she massaged into my back, arms and then face. I felt so rested and and comfortable afterwards, really much less fatigued and more alert, and also slept better that night.

I’ve also found the relaxation sessions at the centre are a pleasant experience, and give some useful ideas to take away and practice at home.  

If you get the chance to experience any complementary therapy like this, do make the most of it! 

J

Hi Nimbus

I’m an holistic aromatherapist - who, after 2 operations, is now awaiting chemo to start in about 3 weeks. I’m trying to use my oils and knowledge to help myself (mixing myself some nice scar tissue healing oils for my breast and underarm scars) and would be really interested in knowing what oils your aromatherapist used for your post radio session… Can you remember? Did it include neroli and lavender?  I’m so pleased that you found an aromatherapy massage so relaxing, and recommend it to others… 

I’m hoping that a positive for me from my own breast cancer experience will be that when I have finished my treatment I will be able to use the knowledge I have gained to help future clients who are going through similar experiences.

Coincidentally I had enquired about volunteering to do aromatherapy massages and Reiki at my local St Barnabas Hospice a few weeks before I was diagnosed… Reading this thread has made me determined to offer my services via my local BCNs, when I’m out the other side of my treatment…  I’m so pleased to hear all the positive experiences :slight_smile: