Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Central Scotland Ladies - Younger Women's Forum Weekend

32 REPLIES 32
bonnielass

Re: To Central Scotland Ladies - Younger Women's Forum Weekend

Hi Kelly,

Hope you are doing ok and your surgery went fine? All the best with chemotherapy, it can be a hard slog but just take one at a time. I will save this thread and let you know of the next meet in Glasgow just in case you cannot make the Edinburgh one for any reason.

Take care.

Emma x

babychops1982

Thanks Lulu,

I will not be able to make that as I am sooo busy right now as my chemo is starting soon but dont know when yet so trying to get everything done before it starts like wigs appointments and meeting friends I have not seen in a while.

I find out next week when my chemo starts so hopefully I should be able to make it along to the next lunch.

kelly xx

Lulu34

next lunch in edinburgh is on sat 21st april at hamiltons in stockbridge at 1.30

Lulu x

babychops1982

sorry, just read these messages.

thanks ladies, this is really good to know and i look forward to meeting up with you in the near future. xxx

Lulu34

Kelly good luck on Friday.

As Al said we have a regular group that meets up in Edinburgh and there's loads of west Lothian ladies that come.. Our next lunch is the 21st of April in hamiltons in stockbridge at 1.30.

The YWF next year is gonna be in Edinburgh so not as far to travel. And might be even more useful to you after treatment than before it... But you can go to ones in different areas if youd rather go sooner.

Take care
Lulu x

bonnielass

Hi again

Wishing you all the best for Friday + hope you're doing ok in yourself. I was 33 when I was diagnosed back in Sept 2010. Only just finished herceptin in Jan this year so life starting to get back to normal. If you need any help or advice or just want to chat don't hesitate to pm me. I know when I was diagnosed I was 'crying out' to find someone of a similar age.

Again, if you feel like coming to the lunch or a later one let me or Al (above) know.

Take care Emma xx

babychops1982

Thank you, that sounds lovely.

I have not even started treatment yet but am going tomorrow to speak to consultant and nurse and am penciled in for a masetctomy on friday but the sooner its off the better! lol i really can only laugh, if i dont laugh i will cry! xx kelly

bob20

There's also a bunch of ladies who meet in Edinburgh, some of them live in west Lothian. I had my treatment at st johns though don't live there any more. I go to both the Edinburgh and Glasgow lunches as i'm greedy or sociable, whichever way you want to look at it! You'd be most welcome at both. Al x

babychops1982

Thank you ladies, I am in west lothian, I can get a train to Glasgow so its easy for me to get there.

xxx

bonnielass

Hi babychops,

Sorry you missed the younger women's forum - it was fabulous and would defo recommend you going to the next one. But until then where do you live, as there is a group of us who meet fir regular lunches in Glasgow (I live in Stirling). The next one is 14th April, let me know if you're interested + Will give you more details. They are a great bunch and you might find it helpful .

Emma x

Lucy_BCC

Hi babychops

I am posting a link to the Younger Women's forums dates for you in case you can make any more:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/talks-courses-local-support/younger-womens...

The following links will take you to the Younger Women's information page where you will find further support services and information which you may find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Best wishes
Lucy

babychops1982

Hi,

I am 33 and newly diagnosed and I would have loved to have come to this but I just noticed its past!

hope you all have a nice time.

bonnielass

Hi

That's great Flower20, will see you there.

Emma x

Flower20

hi
am am planning to be there. Just need to get my form in !

bonnielass

Thanks Kimmy2108, will see you there. Looking forward to it.

Emma x

kimmy2108

Hi ladies. I am one of the volunteers at the YWF and really looking forward to meeting you all xxx

Lorna45

Im going alone on Sat but she is going to the forum. I have just finished my treatment on 17th jan. So weird , i seen onc yesterday and ive not to go back till June !!!! scary stuff.

See u sat;

xxx

bonnielass

Hi,

Oh that's so funny - haven't come across many of us 'Forth Valley Royal girls' on here. Have you finished your treatment then?

Yes, planning to go Sat so will see you and your friend there.

Emma x

Lorna45

Hiya...she is not on the forum. My treatment was at forth valley , I live in Falkirk too. Look forward to meeting you on Saturday at the lunch , u are going ?
Small world..

Xxxx

bonnielass

Hi Lorna,

Pleased you are going to the forum too. I think that makes 6 or 7 of us now so our wee group is growing. I would think there will be more people going but possible they don't post on the website.

I wonder if your friend from Falkirk has been treated at Forth Valley Hospital, Larbert? I live in Stirling and haven't seen many posts on here from people in my immediate area.

See you then anyway and on Sat if you are going to the lunch in Glasgow.

Emma x

Lorna45

Hi I'm going to thee forum as well , with another girl from Falkirk

See u then..

Xxxxx

bonnielass

Hi Jamesy,

Again, sorry you have had to join our wee 'club' but thanks for posting on this thread. (I thought it would be good to know some names beforehand).

Look forward to meeting you next month (or at the lunch on Sat if you can make it).

Hope your first chemo session goes ok. See you in March.

Emma x

RevCat

Hi Jamesy,
sorry you have had to join our club.

Just a thought...if you are free and wnated to meet up with some of us this Saturday we are having lunch at Soho in Miller St at 1:30. If you'd like to come can you either message me (click my name and it'll offer you a 'send message' option) or leave a comment on our thread: http://share.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30997&p=639849&hilit=glasgow%2Fayrsh...

We are a fluid group and have several 'new' folk joingin us this time. Age range 30's, 40's, 50's, all stages and a variety of treatment experiences... and all good fun to spend time with.

jamesy

hi everyone - im 37 and live in Glasgow. I was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive breast cancer last month and have just had my lumpectomy and node clearance 2 weeks ago. I am due to start chemo in the next month i think. I have one daughter aged 3.

i have registered myself a place on this forum as well - really looking forward to meeting up with some other woman around the same age. Hope to see some of you there xxx

cherrytom

Thanks RevCat/Bonnielass,
I have now filled in my form and booked my train!
Looking forward to meeting all those going. Anyone else booked on yet?
Could be quite a small group!!!
xxx

bonnielass

Hi Cherrytom,

Glad to see another person is going - that is at least 4 of us anyway! (Note to self - need to complete my registration form back tomorrow!)

See you then.

Emma x

RevCat

Hi Cherry tom... I won't be there (too old) but no, it is definitely not just for Scottish ladies or ladies who live in Scotland (I'm English). They are lovely lasses and will make you very welcome I'm sure.... after all they put up with me!

cherrytom

Hi folks,
i'm hoping to come along too, although I don't live in scotland - it's not just for scottish ladies is it? I've got my registration form, but not sent it back as yet.
Hope to see you then xxx

RevCat

Just sneaking on to pick up Emma's invite to Jane to come to our lunch on 25th Feb at Soho, Miller St, Glasgow... if you fancy it can you either add a comment on our thread (Glasgow/Ayrshire) or drop me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

Btw Jane and Karen you are young... even I was told by the NHS I was young at 47... not many compliments in this game, so take the few that come your way!

bonnielass

Thanks Jane and Karen,

Glad to hear that there are some others going!! (It sounded like they had quite a few spaces still to fill so was a bit worried).

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Karen, I think you are planning to come to the lunch held in Glasgow on 25th Feb? So if you are, I will see you there. Jane, not sure where you live but if you can make it through to Glasgow for the lunch in Feb, you would be very welcome to join us.

Take care for now.

Emma x

gordok1

Hi, I'm going too, I'm also 41 and just pleased to be classed as young! Look forward to meeting all the ladies, karen x

Bod

Hi Emma

Yes I'm going on this. Really looking forward to meeting everyone. Though at 41 I feel I'm an older younger woman!

Jane

bonnielass

To Central Scotland Ladies - Younger Women's Forum Weekend

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to let you know that there are still spaces available on the Younger Women's Forum Weekend which is on 23-24th March 2012, due to be held in Glasgow.

It is a free 2 day 'course' with guest speakers, workshops and wellbeing sessions, for ladies aged between 20-45 who are within 3 years of diagnosis. I contacted BCC for my registration form today so hopefully it will be an informative and fun (fingers crossed!) weekend. And it would be great to meet other women of a similar age. (I wasn't able to go to last year's meeting as was a bit ill after finishing chemo).

If you would like any more info (registration form or phone number) go to the 'Younger Women' category and you will see the post there.

Also, if you are planning to go or already have your registration form, perhaps add a comment below and we can introduce ourselves before the weekend.

Emma x