cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To FLU jab or not ?

5 REPLIES 5
Denise3691

Re: To FLU jab or not ?

I also had the flu jab on tuesday one day before my third FEC chemo dose as advised by my nurse in pre-chemo phone call. Bit tender next day but nothing else after that so glad I had it done. Best of luck to everyone on here  xx

Emma76

I had one just before treatment, i was glad i did, i made sure both my children had one too.
I would check with your onclogist though just in case.
Good luck emma
Jo_BCC

Hi ladies,

If you need any information/advice with regard to having the flu jab, please don't hesitate to call the helpline here, the nurses will be only too happy to explain everything to you.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

LynnAnn

Have just had my flu jab today and am due 3rd chemo tomorrow. ONC says good to have it day before treatment as immunity at its highest. No side effects so far! Nurse said MAY have slight headache and slight general aches. Lx
Fiona00

Oh I would like to listen the answer too, I am on chemo treatment at the moment, dun know if I am allowed to have flu jab and any reaction to that?
Franci

To FLU jab or not ?

Hi

I've been recommened to have a Flu jab by my GP & ONC.

Just finished FEC-T 100 a week ago and will start radiotherapy end of Oct

I know my immune system is low and I wouldn't want to catch flu but has anyone had any adverse reaction to a flu jab  during treatment?

Cheers

Franci x