To fast or not?

Hi, has anybody an advice about chemo and fasting? I’m considering it but want to know I’m doing the best I can to help chemo do its job. Thanks in advance x

Hello, a few of us have fasted. I have done intermittent fasting for years so I have no idea how you would get on if you have never done it before BUT read everything you can get hold of by Valter Longo.

I fasted for 60 hours before and 20 plus after. Cannot be more precised because my appointment time varied but my treatment was usually on Friday morning earliest was 9 latest 12. My last meal was Tuesday at about 7 pm and I would not eat again until Saturday at about 8 am. I had nothing but water or black tea/coffee.

My side effects were better than most other peoples in that I was never sick, never had the runs, I did not get mouth ulcers or cold sores or oral thrush.

I did still get the fatigue, my blood counts still went low, I got the metal taste in the mouth and it did not stop my eyes watering or neuropathy. In fact my chemo was stopped early because of low blood counts combined with neuropathy.

I hope that helps you.