To join !

Hello little late am I ok to join ? Started first fec last Tuesday ,
So just a week in !

Hello Breastmummy, welcome to the forum nobody wants to join. There is an April 2017 thread where you can chat to others having chemotherapy at the same time as you. Apologies if you have already spotted it.

You will also find lots of useful information on coping with chemotherapy on the Top Tips and Practical Support and general Chemotherapy threads.

I had my chemotherapy last year and finished in December. As you have survived a week of FEC and haven’t mentioned nausea or joint pains, you’re doing well. The main things to watch out for during the rest of the cycle are dry mouth and throat, which only lasts a few days, and you may start to lose your hair over the next week if you haven’t cold capped.

Chemotherapy is a bit of a slog, and most people do have some side effects, but you will cope. Above all, don’t be afraid to ask your hospital for help if the effects are bad. I wish you and all other new starters well with the rest of your treatment.

Thankyou dawn
Managing to work out the forum
I have commented on another thread march users but no response ! Il keep going and thankyou for your advice !