1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To reconstruct or Not

1 REPLY 1

Re: To reconstruct or Not

Hi Mirabelle and welcome to the BCC forums where you will find support and shared experiences from your fellow users

Our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 so please feel free to call to talk any concerns/queries through

I am posting a link to the BCC reconstruction information which I hope you find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/treating-breast-cancer/surgery/reconstr...

Take care
Lucy BCC

To reconstruct or Not

I had expander resonstruction following mastectomy last year but it didnt work out and I had to have another operation to have it removed.  Im now on a list for reconstruction some time in the autumn but I find Im increasing nervous about going back into hospital .  I cant ever decide which reconstruction to have , I seem to become a nervous wreak each time I meet the plastic surgeon and they dont recommend .  Anyway I just have 2 options back or tummy.

What has me nervous also is the thought that I might develop Lymphadema , I thought that if I hadnt got it after mascetomy I was safe but it seems not the more I read .

Anyway my question is , has anyone decided against reconstruction and how have they managed to live with it .  Do you regret not done it .  ?  Im 53 so hopefully I still have a lot of life ahead of me 

Thanks