Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To shave or not to shave?

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: To shave or not to shave?

Thank you to both of you for details of your experience and the link to the leaflet which I will have a read of. I guess I will see what happens in the next few weeks. I know it will grow back eventually but hopefully not too curly as I had quite unruly wavy hair befiore,.
Thanks again. Take care xxx
vercors

Hi Popps07,
For most of us hair grows back very curly. I had herceptin as well as chemo and within 8 weeks of finishing chemo, I dropped the headscarves. It could have been sooner but my son 10 at the time did not quite like my bold head.
Whether you shaved what is left or not, is really up to you and how it looks. I don't think there is any rule. Whatever you chose it will be the right decision.
take care

Janet_BCC

Dear Popps07

The BCC publication "Breast Cancer and Hair Loss" has a section on hair regrowth which you may find helpful. Here is the link:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/bcc_hairloss_2011_booklet_final_web.pdf

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

To shave or not to shave?

I am due to finish my last chemo treatment next week. I have had 12 weekly treatments due to other health issues. I am also receiving herceptin treatment which I will continue with. I started to lose my hair at about three weeks and because i was gradual let it fall out naturally and not shave. I now have just a few wispy bits left. I understand that the hair should start to gow back within a few weeks. How does it grow back. The reason I am asking is not sure whether to shave off what I have left. Also I have heard that continuing with herceptin can slow the growth of the hair, has anyone experienced this?
Although hair growth is not high on priorities once I finish I just like to know what's coming next.
Thank you for any help you can offer xxx