Toamoxifen and headaches

I have suffered the last couple months with headaches and nausea due to the tamoxifen and I am just at the beginning of my 5-10 ten year journey with it…

Hi Ravel67, 

I am really sorry to hear you have been experiencing headaches and nausea on Tamoxifen. There are quite a lot of users who are on Tamoxifen and I am sure they will be along to show some support soon. 

You may also want to look at our page on Tamoxifen and you can download or order our leaflet onTamoxifen here. 

In the meantime you can always call ourhelpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi Ravel I too have headaches a lot of the time.  I never had them before BC unless I had drunk too much wine or was coming down with a cold.  Now they are a regular occurrence, but I don’t know if it’s tamoxifen or Herceptin or some long acting side effect of chemo.  Onc claims latter don’t exist, but my eyelashes just fell out today (for the THIRD time!) so I think they do. I tend to drink some water & live with them, rather than take an ibuprofen, because I just feel my body has been bombarded with drugs in the past 12 months & really needs a break now. Hope yours aren’t stopping you enjoying life xx