Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today on GMTV

8 REPLIES 8
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Today on GMTV

me too please could you let me know when these interviews are on and which station...I can get most of the BBC channels on sky..............even watch reporting Scotland most nights just to see who has murdered who!!!...........it would be nice to get your point of view and also put a face to the name!!

ta.................Morag

Thanks Mike Mike thanks for that - have you any tips about talking on camera - if you have - feel free to pass things on - it would be much appreciated.

They said they would be doing a work and home visit and maybe a visit to the Choir Rehersal on a Monday evening ( I sing with the Elland Male Voice Choir)

Its not like yours Mike - you did LIVE TV - mine will be filmed and edited I suppose.

David W

Guest user
Not applicable

great news thats great news David please let us know when

Mike

Look North Yorkshire region I think I have done it - had a chat with Penny Bustin today BBC Look North - they are doing a feature on me for a program slot - not sure when - will keep you all informed.

David W

Well Done Mike Good on you Mike - the interviews will come thick and fast - I did 5 in 3 weeks last year - then it all seems to go quiet.

Last week I caught the back end of our local BBC news program \"Look North\" it was about the In it Together booklet - sent an email to enquire about the story also stating that I was featured in the booklet - they had been interviewing the author apparently.
Guess what they want to speak to me - may be on the BBC will have to wait and see - will keep you posted as to if & when.

Mike my story is featured on this site - have you checked it out?

Cheers David W

Guest user
Not applicable

Good for you Hi Mike

Carry on the good work!! I too had a radio interview yesterday and it featured in all the newsd broadcasts of the day.

I\'ve also read the Lancet article and, while I was thankful for Porf Fentiman\'s study, I lambasted him for calling it \"MALE\" breast cancer, a liitle bugbear of mine.

I also contacted Cancer Research UK for their continued use of the term and also for calling \"Male\" breast cancer a \"type\" of breast cancer.

I\'ve been telling them for years and they take no note of me now. Using this term compounds the notion that BC is gender speciifc disease when we know better!

I have infiltrating ductal carcinoma of the breast, not \"male breast cancer\". Check out their webiste and have a look.

Best wishes and keep as well as you can

Bill

Guest user
Not applicable

Just completed another interview- hi all.
It looks as if we might be getting some publicity at last guys!!!!
I have just completed another interview and photo session , the 3rd this week so maybe we are going to be able to make it known that MEN do suffer from breast cancer.
I will post here when I know which publications this will be featured in, have also made them aware of the wonderful handbook for men sufferers from Bccand the \"In it together \" leaflet.
Just off to put some of these in the hospital waiting rooms.

Mike

Community Manager

Today on GMTV today on GMTV

posted on 17.02.06 3:25 pm
grandeemike

Hi all.

Just to say I was on GMTV this morning regarding breast cancer in men as the new figures show that too many leave it too late for treatment to survive, 75 of every 200..
I am trying to do my bit locally to raise awareness.
My wife and I are also in the Watford Observer today in connection with the \"in it together\" publication
Please feel free to contact me at any time.

I took part in the BCC fashion show last October and was the Only man with 22 lady survivors ..... you missed it chaps !!!!!!!!!!!

Community Manager

Today on GMTV

Today on GMTV