cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's diagnosis

5 REPLIES 5
Chez666

Re: Today's diagnosis

You are absolutely not a fraud, you have had the worst shock ever and very little time to process it, so please don't be hard on yourself, this forum has been so helpful to me when I thought I could not face another moment or thought and I know you benefit from it too. Try not to goggle non recommended sites, the waiting is the worst bit but we all help each other love and hugs x x x
Nenya

Thank you. Got nurse visiting on Monday so shock will probably hit home then 😕 x
Nenya

Ty x
gazzlyn

Hi Nenya, Welcome to the group (even though its one you don't want to join!) everyone here is very supportive and reassuring so you will never feel alone. You are definitely not fraudulent, cancer is scary and it doesn't matter what treatment you may have it all has its impact on each and everyone of us. The waiting for results is really the hardest part and I think everyone will agree with that. It is a rollercoaster and your mind will be working overtime. Try not to worry too much and like you said, they found it early which is the best news :-). xxx
Sam_BCC

Hi Nenya

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.  As well as the support you are receiving on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They're on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday. Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Nenya

Today's diagnosis

Roller coaster week, Monday appointment for R breast pain, mammogram, scan, biopsy, shock was, there's a lump in left one. So that's lumpectomy booked for 26th. Having to be strong and cheer it up for my mum and dad who are in their eighties. (Sold it to them as good news it was found and only day surgery) I am grateful to only be grade 2 and hopefully only have radio. Cancer nurse visiting me at home on Monday. Feeling a bit fraudulent when I read other people's stories as I feel fine. Hoping to get a good night sleep and face work tomorrow better than today. Mum been clear for ten years, lost two aunties on my dads side to it. Having 3 daughters and 3 grandaughter's is freaking me out a bit and wondering about genes 😞