Todays the day

I was diagnosed with IDC on 30th April and had a WLE and SNB on 27th June, following what seemed like a million scans, biopsies etc. etc.
Was originally told (on 13th May) that my lump was grade 1, hadn’t spread to lymph note that they tested, and it was a ‘well behaved’ cancer. I would have a WLE, SNB, radiotherapy and Tamoxifen for 5 years.
What I didn’t realise (until the day of my op) was that the ‘full’ results wouldnt be known until after my surgery.
Well, todays that day…I am a nervous wreck. I am just so scared of hearing the word ‘chemotherapy’. I have got my head around radiotherapy, but can’t even think about chemo…it really does scare the life out of me
5 hours to go…my appointment is at 3pm…wish me luck! xxx

Love and luck Numb you go and fight that battle, most say on here that once you know the outcome you feel more in control. I’m still in the waiting room and its agony, surgery on the 18th. We can and will do this.

Hugs Meconopsis x

Love and luck Numb you go and fight that battle, most say on here that once you know the outcome you feel more in control. I’m still in the waiting room and its agony, surgery on the 18th. We can and will do this.

Hugs Meconopsis x

Numb, I was in your position last week. It’s awful not knowing. I didn’t get exactly the news I wanted, but, weirdly, I felt SO much better afterwards. Knowledge is power ! Best of luck, you will come through this ! Let us know how you get oon all good wishes
Zuleika

Hiya
I have the same dx as you, had WLE and SNB on the 1st July 11mm Grade 1 in the right breast. I get my results on Friday 12th. The waiting is the worst, my imagination has gone into overdrive. The thought of radiotherapy/drugs for 5 years was bad enough, but the thought of chemo is extremely frightening.
I want to send you everything I can muster for this afternoon. I hope you have someone to go with you. My OH has been brilliant, but unfortunately he has had to return to work today, so I am home alone and the tears are just falling.
Still, come on best foot forward whatever this bl… thing throws at us we can beat it.
I will be with you at 3:00pm
Georgina.

Georgina and Numb- Good luck to you in the waiting room which is the scariest place by far.

Hi Penny47
Thanks, how are you doing? Saw my little grandson at the weekend, but as I left he wanted to come home with us, not possible at present as he is still in nappies and OH can’t cope with that - even though he is a brilliant grandpa. Uncontrollable tears.
My daughter said I was being soppy - and that there will be lots more times to come when she said I will get fed up with her posting her son on us! Hee hee.

Georgina.

I’m a few months ahead of you Numb, diagnosed Dec with grade 3 IDC. Chemo was also for me, the treatment I was most scared of. But I got through it, 3 months after finishing chemo I feel normal. Plus I had the benefit of seeing it shrink my tumour by 70% and reduce it’s strength to grade 1.
Just thought worth sharing how powerful the chemo can be. You will manage it if needed. x

Hi,

Hope you all is well, you are proabbly sitting in the room now. Anticipation prior to results is worse than getting the results I felt. Finger crossed that you ok.

SAm x

Hi Numb, even though I was told I would have to have chemo by my surgeon, my oncologisit (1 week later) advised me against it,

Ask lots of questions and talk to your BCN, you will be reassured no matter what the future treatment may be.

Good luck, Jan x

Thank you for all of your support and kind words…it really does help doesn’t it!
It was good news
Nothing found in the nodes and no chemo, just radiotherapy…my relief is, well, I can’t even describe it!
Still a long road ahead, but I am now focussed on fighting this nasty disease…it ain’t going to beat me!
Thanks once again, you are all truly courageous amazing people xxxxxxxxxxx

So pleased for you!! I mean pleased that there is no chemo!
X

Pleased and relieved to hear you will go directly to RT! Well done after all that waiting. x