Told I could ring for results and now an appointment has been made - in panic mode

Hi all, I had a core biopsy done yesterday. The nurse asked if I had a follow up appointment for results and I said I wasn’t due back at the breast clinic until November, so she said I could ring. Anyway, today I got a text reminder for an appointment on 22nd October. It is not at the breast clinic I go to (this is at a community hospital) but at the main hospital where the biopsy was done. I rang up and the guy on the appointments line said it was a breast outpatients appointment. Of course I am now freaking out that the results are bad. Would they have them in already? Or is an appointment standard procedure and the nurse just made a mistake saying I could ring? I am so desperately worried. Thanks for reading. Xx

Hi Frances

I have never heard of results being given by phone.   I went back a week after for results appointment.  I think it usually takes a week to get the results back.

Did they give you an indication of what they thought when you had the biopsies taken?

No use trying to tell you not to worry as everyone who’s been there knows how you feel.

Good luck and just because you are back for results doesn’t mean it is always bad news

Jaye x