Tomorrow is the first of 15 sessions

Hi Ladies I hope you are all keeping well.

Start rads tomorrow the first of 15 sessions.  Any advice would be very welcome.

Love Maggie x

Dear maggie281

I hope all went well with your first session today.  I have attached a link to our publication on Radiotherapy which I thought you may find helpful:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/radiotherapy_2012_web.pdf

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Maggie, I had my 2nd of 15 today, so far so good. I did take note of the advice from others on here and got a nice soft top (M & S) with some support which meant no struggling with bra fastening annd unfastening, it can just be rolled down at the last minute. Very nice young ladies today, leveryone is very kind and proffessional. (I was not too keen on the session where I was tattoed etc but the rad sessions havebeen better).

My appointment today meany leaving home at 7 am so we had a lovely and very naughty breakfast in the cafe across the road afterwards, a treat - there has to be some perks!

Good Luck with your treatment x

Good luck Maggie. I finshed my 15 a month ago. I found the link that Janet has given very helpful, also this from our American sisters’ site. community.breastcancer.org/forum/70/topic/773035

After chemo this feels so much easier, but do be kind to yourself as you’ll feel a tiredness - I for one did not really expect this.

Jane x

Hi,

I finished m y 15 rads last week, I applied E45 at least twice a day. Drink plenty of water, as a couple of days I didn’t and felt quite quesy, so drinking water really helps. Also, listen to your body, as tiredness can hit you like a brick wall, take it easy on yourself. I had a 45 minute drive each way to the hospital, so if you  can get someone to help with the driving, its less stressful.

Good luck

Pattyp

It should have been my 5th session today but they were having major probs with the computer and after a 2 hour wait I was sent hom!  Unavoidable I know but very frustrating, feeling a bit down and sorry for myself tonight, how silly is that.

Thank you all so much I have the 1st week out of the way at least! When going for rads you see a lot of people worse off, I realise how lucky I am.

Love Maggie x