Tomorrow

I have my breast clinic appointment tomorrow and am starting to get nervous. Thankfully my mum (who battled the disease herself last year) is coming with me.

I do however have a question: This morning the pains seem to have faded and the lump and thickening reduced… shoudl I still go to get checked out? I don’t want to turn up and there’s nothing for them to check… feel a bit of a fraud.

I hope it goes well for you tomorrow. Ill be interested to hear the outcome as I am in the same situation. Ive got the clinic on thursday. Ive had concerning symptoms for around a year (bad I know) and I see the doctor and the symptoms fade! I sort of feel that my body is relieved that I am doing something about it and has calmed its self down!
All the best
Kirsty

Hi

Of course you must still go for your appointment. The doctors will be only too pleased if there’s nothing wrong and it will put your mind at rest. You can always give the helpline here a ring to talk to someone about  your feelings.

I hope everything turns out well.

Kathy

Hi Fairydust

You should definitely still go and get it checked out. Nobody would ever think you’re a fraud and most people who visit the breast clinic turn out not to have cancer - that’s what the clinic is for.

Good luck for tomorrow, don’t forget to let us know how you get on.

Lu xx

Just to let you all know the appointment was fine and I have nothing to worry about… the scans showed nothing. Where the pain is coming from I don’t know but at least I know theres no cancer!

Wishing you all the best of luck xx