Too Hot/Too Cold...I need sleep!!

I started having hot flushes about the time of my last chemo (4 weeks ago) but now I’ve started my hormone treatment - Exemestane - I am now having both Hot and Cold flushes all day and all night and I miss my sleep…

Can any of you lovely ladies sugest anything to help combat this as I really don’t know how much longer I can get by with only 2-3 hours sleep a night?!

#Nytoljustdontcutthemustard

S x

Hi Smurf,

What do you wear to sleep in? I used to wear nothing and assumed this would be best for the horrible night sweats but actually not. PJ’s in a suitable wicking fabric (absolutely not pure cotton which sits as a soggy mass) takes the sweat away from your skin without chilling you.  My first 3 sets were really quite pricey but I’ve a few cheaper sets on order from a well known on line retailer? in a bamboo fabric so will see if you really do only get what you pay for! 

Good luck, 

Kitt

x

Strange you should say that Kitkat i have also noticed i feel more comfortable in night wear.
Smurf have you tried a chillow. I don’t have one but what i do have is a dog gel pad which i place on top of sheet and sleep against. I bought it to try rather than spending a large amount on a chillow and found it works so haven’t bothered changing. I was also confused about your use of evening primrose as my oncologist hasn’t recommend anything even though they know I am having in excess of 100 hot sweats per week. I’ve been having acupuncture which has helped to reduce the intensity but not the number. I am just about to start my second set.
I also read your post on the zoladex thread as start my treatment next month. Can I signpost you to YBCN on Facebook if you have not already found the group you might pick up more tips there. I’ve found it helpful. X

Morning Howling & Kittkat,

Thanks for the advice on the nightwear, I will look into this ASAP. Normally I just wear an old T.shirt or vest to bed as I don’t like having my legs and feet covered at night but am willing to try anything at the moment.

Not heard of a Chillow either so prepared to invest in one if needed.

I tried looking up YBCN on Facebook and it’s giving me ‘young billionaires club Nigeria’ haha!!
Is there another name for the group??

Thanks
Stacey

I’d go with the young billionaires Stacey, I’m sure they’ll provide lots of support!!/

On a serious note my flushes reduced dramatically when I started taking antidepressant sertraline - from 2-4 an hour 24 hours a day to about 10 in 24 hours. I know its not for everyone, but works for me. Just started getting the chills too - one minute shorts and vest, next minute fluffy onesie!!!;