Too much information

Hi my name is Liz I’m 34 and ironically I’m a chemo nurse! I’m ashamed to admit I never check my breasts even though I care for woman fighting breast cancer everyday! I noticed an absess in December had antibiotics which treated it! This made me more aware of my breasts, which led me to find a lump! I mentioned to an oncology registrar at work who strongly advised me to see go! Went to gp who was concerned as he could feel it and said I had thickening under my armpit! Knowing what I know it doesn’t sound good! I was fast tracked and have an appointment next Friday! I am crossing everything that it will be ok! I am pertrified but I know most lumps turn out to be nothing! God forbid it is but I feel the cancer care and support on the nhs is amazing! It certainly puts things into perspective and gives me a new found admiration for people fighting this terrible disease!

Hi maximoo

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  Waiting for appointments and results is a very tough time.  I hope you will find lots of support on this forum while you wait, and you could also call our Helpline for information and support.  (Opening times 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  0808 800 6000)

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Good luck on Friday. I’m 33 and had a 6.5cm lump and in some nodes. I’ve had 8 x chemo, a bilateral mx and 15 sessions of radiotherapy. If you are dx with it feel free to message me, there is an amazing facebook group for girls under 40 who are dx and it’s amazing.

Good luck and hopefully you won’t have to join us!!