Total duct excision after inverted nipple

Hi - I’m new here! I had a total duct excision on 11.01.18.

Feel like I’m just existing. Such an odd feeling at the moment. Feel like an emotionless version of me.

I feel guilty for feeling this way as it could potentially all be ok…

Been told around 2 weeks for results.

My nipple inverted suddenly along with a sunken area on one side of my breast. Ultrasound didn’t show enough and after 3 appointments my consultant decided on the total duct excision.

The op was ok but I feel fuzzy headed and have zero appetite… plus anything I do eat makes me feel yucky.

Thanks, feeling a bit low and hoping here people would understand. 

Anyone had biopsies back from the duct excision? X

<li-spoiler> </li-spoiler>

Hi Nix,

My story started with a total duct excision last September. My symptoms were different to yours, I had a significant and spontaneous amount of bleeding from the right nipple, with an "area of concern ’ on ultra sound. I assumed that this surgery would sort the problem but pathology showed DCIS. I then had a WLE to achieve clear margins, then radiotherapy which I finished in December.

It’s understandable that you are not feeling your usual self at the moment. You are still only a few days post-op and you are waiting for your results which is an additional stress. I was pretty sore after this operation. Don’t be too hard on yourself and don’t expect too much of yourself either. Take it as easy as you can.

Best wishes and a hug xx