69771members
366474posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally Fed Up - Low Neutrophils more than 2 years on.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Totally Fed Up - Low Neutrophils more than 2 years on.

Anna,
Thank you, on hols this week but will definitely do so , any help would be much appreciated.
C

D,
Thank you for your reply, I expect there are many in the same boat. I would be interested to see how you go on. I am going to go back to my GP, hospital appts seem to be a waste of time,just a tick box exercise but no advice.

Hi Lancs Lady,

While you're waiting for replies from other forum users, please do remember that the BCC Helpline provides information and support, Tel. 0808 800 6000. Lines will open again on Monday morning at 9am. BCC also has a service called Ask the Nurse, here's a link to more information just in case it might be helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/ask-nurse

With best wishes,

Anna, BCC Facilitator

Hi Lancs Lady

I can't offer any helpful advice I'm afraid - I've just found out that I'm in the same boat a year after my last chemo.

I had the neulasta injections and never had to delay a chem. I've been back at work full time since last October, but still get very tired on occasions. I had a blood test this week to check my hormone status and a couple of other tests and they found that my white cell count is very low.

I'm waiting to have the test repeated in a couple of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see how common a problem this is.

D

Totally Fed Up - Low Neutrophils more than 2 years on.

Hi, been a member for a long time but never posted. Briefly I was diagnosed 3 years ago, had lumpectomy followed by FEC chemo then double mastectomy and recontruction. Then had Tamoxifen but gave up after 12 weeks - could'nt function on it.
I've struggled with exhaustion ever since chemo and low neutrophils,my chemo took forever eventually the Oncologist abandoned it.
I have been seeing the Haemotolgist for 12 months, he has finally said my low neutrophils are as a result of my chemo and he will see me again in 6 months - no advice offered just that I will have to live with it.
I am finding it extremely difficult to cope at the moment, tiredness is overwhelming, it is effecting my work and home life. I could go into details but I think a lot of you out there live this every day and know how it is.
I am not sure what to do next. Should the hospital be offering advice? Is there anything I can do? Your views would be appreciated and any advice welcome.