1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally losing it

RunningMum13

Re: Totally losing it

Glad to hear your freezer is full of food Rosie, and what a lovely gift from your friend!

Follow the advice of your team regarding exercising, they're the experts.

Sleep well.x

rosietd

Funnily enough they did not give me any exercises. They told me to avoid too much movement, so as to protect the wound / stitches. Having said that, the surgeon got the lymph nodes out through the same incision as the lump, so I only have the one set of stitches on the side of the breast, not in the armpit, so maybe that is why.

rosietd

I am fully intending to take it very easy! The freezer is full of yummy Waitrose ready meals and a lovely friend sent me an M&S hamper today with cake, scones, jam and tea. Heaven. 

RunningMum13

Good to hear all went well Rosie, take it easy over the next few days and accept all offers of help. Don't forget to do your exercises 🙂 x

Hope you're ok JenCat.x

rosietd

Jencat - how are you doing?

rosietd

Well yesterday was a long day but I finally got home at 9.30pm. Lumpectomy, sentinel node + Indra operative radiotherapy. Consultant says it went well so now await the biopsy results on the lymph node. Such a roller coaster, but one more stage overcome. The medical staff were so reassuring. A very nerve wracking day. I am feeli remarkably ok today. Weary from anaesthetic and dosed to eyeballs with painkillers, but feeling ok.

Jencat

Thank you very much Donna x I've got to stay in overnight tomorrow, but not sure why when I'm having WLE&SNB. I'm hoping they'll change my mind and let me come home, especially as i've got to be there at 7am! xx

Jencat

Hugs back rosetd xx What time have you got to go in? I understand your worries-I'm nervous about having the anaestic and they'll find more than they think. I must try and stop my mind racing ahead! xx

RunningMum13

Hi Rosie & Jencat,

Will be thinking of you both tomorrow, sending love and best wishes for your recovery, let us know how you get on when you are able to.

Donna x

rosietd

Mutual hugs. Hope all goes smoothly.

xxx 

Jencat

Hi Rosetd, thinking of you. I'm having my op tomorrow too and feeling nervous as well x

rosietd

I hope Monday goes well for you. Will be thinking for you.

So hard to face this as a singleton isn't it, both emotionally and financially (I am self employed). But you really do find out who your friends are at times like this.

xxx

AliMcK799

Hello Rosie

You are not alone but know where you are coming from as I too live alone.  It can be very difficult to sit with your thoughts.  I'm not there physically but I and everyone else on here are with you in spirit so to speak.  I hope it goes well tomorrow.  

I had my ops separately so feel it has been weeks of investigations.  The result of the lymph node biopsy is on Monday and I expect I will be feeling very stressed over the weekend.  

Try not to worry and come back on here once you are able.  I am new on here but have already found a great support network and information.

BW

Alison

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now

rosietd

Thanks ever so much. As ever, it is hard to resist the temptation to consult Dr Google. Sure I will be fine when things get going tomorrow. It's just the anticipation. I have tried to get ahead on stuff - shopping done, house cleaned, food in freezer, friends lined up to look after me from tomorrow through to Sunday, dog walkers booked. All a bit surreal. Three weeks ago, I was on holiday in Croatia, not knowing any of this was to come. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck ,Rosie ,talk to us .Always someone around .
rosietd

Lumpectomy scheduled for tomorrow + sentinel node + intravoperative radiotherapy. Ever so nervous - about general anaesthetic, about results of node biopsy, about whether tumour will be bigger than they think it is, etc. All getting a bit overwhelming tonight and as I live alone, I have no one to talk to.

rosietd

I think you are right. Am now mobilising friends to get the first few days sorted out, food in freezer, dogwalkers lined up, etc. Wow, two weeks ago, I was just travelling home from holiday and had no idea this was all about to happen.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Best get it over with rather than hanging over you .
rosietd

So my surgery date has been confirmed for next Thursday (Aug 3). Glad is is happening so fast but ever so apprehensive.

Feather1944

UPDATE for my lovely, caring "young warriors".

Nothing sinister found on mammo ....Consultant checked me over again. He is almost sure it is a Pappiloma, but because, I still have the occasional bleed, he said he will remove it and as us usual, will send a sample for biopsy. He hasn't given me a date for the op. It will be under general anaesthetic but as a day case. But he reassured me that it was a benign papilloma. (I would have posted the news earlier, but my shopaholic daughterinlaw decided to spend almost the whole day looking around the shops ha)

Thankyou all so so much for your kindness and concern during the past weeks. I will still be popping in to say hello to you all and see how you are doing. You will never know how much you all meant to me during these past few weeks.

I wanted to to start a new thread, but I don't know how to do it. I would like to expand a bit further on my symptoms etc and perhaps others who are worried can be reassured, although everyone is not the same.

Lots of love and thanks for listening xxxx

Debbie1964

Good luck feather
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck Feather !
rosietd

Good luck tomorrow - thinking of you.

xx

Feather1944

Thankyou all.....will keep you posted 

Love xxx

RunningMum13

Will be thinking of you Thursday Feather.

Sending you a big hug.x

rosietd

Will be thinking of you on Thursday.

xxx

Feather1944

Onwards and upwards Rosie !!

Love xxx

Feather1944

Thank you for asking Pat.......Seeing Consultant on Thursday to get my mammogram results.  Very, very anxious.....I am a nervous wreck, but this Forum and stories of all the brave women and the success stories keep me going.

i will certainly keep you posted once I've seen the Consultant.

love and thanks xxx

Patriciamay

Hi

well as everyone has said - not the news any one would want, but all very treatable, and you are being looked after.

Feather not sure I saw your outcome - how are you?

peaceful night to all xxx

RunningMum13

Hi ladies,

Relieved to hear that you now know what you are facing and your treatment plans are in place. You can now take one step at a time, each and every step you take will be supported on this forum.

Onwards & upwards

Donna xx

rosietd

Thank you, thank you for your support and reassurance. 

Hugely appreciated.

xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Ps all your diagnoses sound very straight forward and very treatable .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Well put Helena !! Ladies I hope you all have a peaceful nights sleep after the weekend of worry .
ladybowler
Community Champion

pecan

well it is a bit confusing to know what to say when you learn that one of the ladies has been diagnosed because you really want them not to be diagnosed with bc, but I think it is the fact that they know now and there is a specific treatment plan in place which makes us pleased for them in that respect.

Helena xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

rosie

It is as you say, now you know what you are dealing with all of a sudden it brings on such a sense of relief and you know exactly what is going to happen and when.

We are all here whenever you need us.  You might find the Going through treatment section useful for help and support as well now you have been diagnosed.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Melissa

Oh that sounds really good and very positive.  When you are about to have your rads, if you go on to the radiotherapy thread on the Going Through treatment section you will get loads of advise, help and support on there from the lovely ladies giong through it or having just finished it.

Helena xxx

pecan

I'm so confused!  I so want to say "Well done", and then I remember it's a crappy ride we're on.  I'm glad you both have your results, and they seem to be well under control.

rosietd

Just back from my appointments. I have invasive ductal breast cancer, Grade 1, 2cm approx. and from what they can see, they don't think it has spread. Surgery could be as early as next week, then radiotherapy. Oestrogen receptor positive, so hormone treatment for several years afterwards. For some reason, I feel enormously relieved. I know what I am up against and I have a treatment plan. Bring it on. xx

Feather1944

Melissa

Glad you've got your results and your treatment plan.....onwards and upwards!!

Lots of love xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Glad you feel better.
Bushy49

I have a ductual carcinoma very small got to have an op in 3 weeks to remove then 3 weeks of radiotherapy and that's it, all over, apart from a reduction to other breast so in a years time I will be able to buy nice lacy bras from the normal section of lingerie department!!! Thanks for all your surport ladies through the most awful time of my life.
Melissa x x x
ladybowler
Community Champion

Bushy

Oh absolutely you can do it and with us lovely lot behind you you will get there xxxx

Moijan

Aaaah....the ipad does allow hugs, so just confettied a few to those most in needxx

good luck tomorrow all

Moijanx

rosietd

Thinking of you Bushy - mutual hugs.

Jill1998
Community Champion

You will feel better once you know what you are dealing with and what happens next -promise !!!!
Bushy49

Well this has been the worst weekend ever but from what you lovely ladies have said by lunchtime tomorrow i will know what's happening, I wish everyone well with their results. As I keep saying to myself we can do this x x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes it's easy to scare yourself particularly when you are feeling wobbly .Stick to the forum .
rosietd

I have a long list of questions at the ready and my friend is under orders to take notes. Had a major (Google-induced) wobble last night, so am only allowing myself to look at this forum today.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Not too bad at least you don't have to wait all day .Definitelty a good idea to take someone with you for a bit of moral support .Its hard to take in what they say to you so an extra pair of ears is definitely a help .
rosietd

1130 for biopsy results, then 1145 to meet with surgeon. Taking a friend for moral support.