cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tour de Law Fundraiser - please read

3 REPLIES 3
moorcow

Re: Tour de Law Fundraiser - please read

well done in being 3 years out and on the fundraising for which we are all grateful, cheers M

SamLee

I also forgot to mention that it has benefitted me as I am now 3 years down the line from treatment, (not sure how I could forget to mention that bit).

Sam

Curleychris

Thank you Sam and your colleagues BCC is an amazing source of support to all of us with Breast cancer who use the website and access courses and materials. I know people like you and your firm help to keep BCC working for us.
SamLee

Tour de Law Fundraiser - please read

I wasn't sure where to post this, but through it might come under the heading of Inspiration.

I am not sure how many people are aware of this particular fund raiser which takes place in October during Breast Cancer Aware Month.

Law firms in London participate in a virtual bike ride from London to Paris, competing with each other in terms of who rides the furthest and who raises the most money.  Everyone who takes part basically has to peddle like crazy for 15 mins each on an exercise bike, over the course of 2 days.

I work for one of the firms which took part.  Unfortunately we didn't do very well in the who gets the furthest stake, coming 9th out of 13 firms.

But, and it is a big but, we did win the prize for most money raised.  We have just had a presentation by some of the lovely people from BCC.  They came along and presented our managing partner and the lady who organised it (and whose mother has had breast cancer also) with the trophy.  There was also a photocall so maybe some photos will make it onto the website.

We raised a grand total of £12,700 which in a firm of 400 ish people I feel immensely proud to be amongst.

Just thought I would share with everyone.

Sam