Thankyou to everyone that replied! Have sorted cover now.
My current insurer would not cover the BC part( or anything remotely related to it) for my holiday, and although I wasn't so concerned about the BC, I was concerned about increased DVT on 12hour flights...due to tamoxifen.( only just started them... So still a little anxious about side effects as H.Flushes are rampant now 😞
Have spoken to lots of insurance companies over the last few days and thought my experience may help anyone else ;
My problems apparently were three fold. A/ Being pre-op not post op..., B/Holiday Exceeding 15 days( its a 2 week holiday but long flights means total 16 days) and C/ Remoteness( Mauritius).
Most Specialist C companies said no, one said yes but v.expensive. I went with Insurewith. Kind and helpful. £170 for myself and partner for the 2 weeks.
Hope this helps anyone.
Thank you for lovely replies...will read and post regularly when treatment underway. Such a supportive forum!
I've just remembered. When I went away to Spain in August I called the insurance company who I had booked with prior to my diagnosis.
The gist of it was that I was still covered but not for anything breast cancer related. It sounds like your insurers take the same view.
When you say 'no nsureer will cover me' I assume you mean for the breast condition? I did not worry about that as I thought the chances of having a problem related to a Primary cancer were very slim. It is the treatment that makes you ill, not the cancer itself. So I didn't worry about not being insured for that. I suggest you do the same: enjoy the holiday and try to forget about cancer for a bit.
I used the below company when I went to Florida this year. They cover people with pre-existing medical conditions.
Enjoy your holiday.
I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation. I've attached a link to a thread "Travel insurance tips" which may be of some help
Very best wishes
Hi. Not sure if anyone can advise on the above...
I,m recently diagnosed( 2 weeks ago) with Primary Breast Cancer,Stage 1 and like a lot of people quite bewildered and trying to come to terms with things. I have a special birthday holiday in 10 days time ( booked some months ago) with my partner, that my Travel Insurer has now endorsed against Breast Cancer and linked conditions, and although the Hospital have agreed to schedule surgery the week I get back form my holiday, it would seem no insurance company will cover me as i am awaiting surgery. Has anyone else found themselves in this situation? As have started Tamoxifen 2 weeks ago, am a bit worried... as flight is 12 hours. Am loathe to cancel as to be honest could really do with this dream holiday as the last few weeks have been like a grim rollercoaster for both of us. Any advice would be great and really appreciated 🙂