cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Insurance

7 REPLIES 7
Anthi

Re: Travel Insurance

Hello everyone and thanks again for your suggestions.

I eventually got a very good deal from AllClear who have given me a multi trip annual policy (Europe) for £87 which includes cover for BC. You have to pay an excess of £100 but that's better than the deal I had last year with AIS.

Best wishes
Anthi x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I had trouble getting travel insurance but found a really good deal by googling the internet. I had breast cancer last feb but this march i developed pulmonary embolism and still on warfarin and will be when i go away. A few companies wanted to charge the earth and some wouldnt cover me. I eventually had a call from Norwich Union who are happy to cover both conditions for my 2 week holiday to France for £32 my best quote by far. They were also happy to cover me annually for £68.
They say they dont penilise you for having any amount of conditions the cover is for all.
Hope thats helpful
jackie

Anthi

Thanks JoJo

Anthi x

JoJo11

Hi Anthi,
Have a look at AllClear, they gave me a good quote, and I have other medical problems as well.
Jooxxx

Anthi

Many thanks JaneRA and Josie for your replies which have given me two more companies to try and reminded me about the EHIC card.

Best wishes
Anthi

JosieR

Hi Anthi

I have had an annual European policy for the past 3 years with Marrs. They have recently changed their name to Towergate Risk Solutions (Tel: 0208 920 1234). The policy is underwritten by Fortis Insurance and covers me for bc. The cost is £59.50 for hubby and I (personal belongings are excluded as I have these covered on my home contents policy). You have to be at least 12 months post-treatment, apart from the Aromasin, and have to sign a health declaration.

Obviously, I first took the policy out 3 years ago when I was 12 months post-treatment, and am invited to renew it on an annual basis, but things may have changed with this company. Definitely worth giving them a call, if you haven't already done so.

best wishes

Jo

Guest user
Not applicable

Have you tried Miaonline?

I've not used them but know pinkdove speaks highly of their cover.

Bear in mind that in EU countries with a EHIC card you get medical tretament in emergencies..but wouldn't pay for transportation costs back to UK in event of something dreadful happening bc related. I have had two little holidays to Europe recently without bc cover and have risked (have rceurrence and havign break from treatment.)

best wishes

Jane

Anthi

Travel Insurance

I had a very good annual travel insurance policy last year provided by AIS but this year they have changed their underwriters and will not cover me at all for BC.

The only reason this worries me is the slight possibility of something happening to my 'bad' arm - not directly with the BC. I haven't got lymphoedema in my arm and am very careful but it's still possible to get stung or bitten. I've actually got lymphoedema in my breast.

I have called all the other numbers I could find on this site and companies will not do an annual cover - only single trip policies. I've got 3 little holidays coming up this summer so it works out very expensive.
Has anyone managed to get an annual travel policy (Europe) recently?

I've finished all my treatment except for Aromasin.
Many thanks
Anthi