Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Insurance

8 REPLIES 8
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Travel Insurance

Wow....... Insure Pink came up trumps! £196.60 for 21 days to USA. I can't believe it!! (A bit of a difference from £7000 I was quoted by the other company.... and all the refusals I've received in between!)

Thanks for all your tips!

E x

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi everyone hoping to travel!
I have bone mets and have been quoted recently for insurance from InsurePink for 2 weeks cover worldwide. Including USA this is about £165 and without USA about £145. Hope this helps.
Nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Just a reminder that there was a recent thread about trying to get travel insurance with secondaries -- have a look at it: http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/travel-insurance-t27531.html.

The travel insurance firms you've already mentioned won't insure us if we have secondaries, whatever treatments we might be having, and others on the BCC and Macmillan lists quote huge sums to include our cancer in the cover. The linked thread will give you info about a couple of firms that will cover us, including our BC mets, at a reasonable charge.

Regards, Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you so much Somerset Lady and Cupoftea for your useful information. I shall contact these companies tomorrow and see what they can do!!

E 🙂

cupoftea

Hi
I finished treatment last year, so again a bit different, but I have just used Insure pink-they have a website. I looked at the Macmillan website after some crazy quotes. They don't recommend, but list companies who people have used-InsurePink was on the list. The woman was very helpful, made the horrible questions they ask bearable, and insured me reasonably (£38 instead of the £700+ the first company wanted for a 2 day trip to Europe!
All the best, have a good break
C

somerset_lady

hi elsbeth,
i am not undergoing any treatment so mine is a bit different, but i have only finished treatment, may this year. I am off to tunisia in 4 weeks and found Insure Choice Travel, who got a comp called Tokyo Marine to cover me and other half for £34 for the week, bargain I thought. There number is 08445577986 if you want to try them. good luck, wec all need a break after all we have been through x
mandy

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for this Janet!

Janet_BCC

Dear Elsbeth,

I am sure you will soon get some replies from other forum members but meanwhile, I thought the BCC publication about travel insurance may be of some help. I have posted the link below:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/upload/pdf/FPI_Breast_cancer_and_travel_insurance_Factsheet_for_w...

Very best wishes

Janet
BCC Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Travel Insurance

Hello everyone!

I am sure this topic has been discussed before but I thought I would ask again.

Has anyone had any success in acquiring travel insurance when undergoing treatment? I have liver mets and am on capecitabine and funnily enough I have had a series of rejections from insurance companies. It's very disappointing as I feel well in myself and to feel "trapped" in the UK like this is so fraustrating. I was hoping to go and visit friends in the USA next month (the most expensive place on earth to get travel insurance for it would appear!) I have found one company who will insure me but the premium is over £7000!!!

If anyone knows of anywhere who might consider insuring someone in my situation I would be very grateful to hear about it.

E 🙂