Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Insurance

4 REPLIES 4
tess27

Re: Travel Insurance

Hi Elsbeth,
I have started using http://www.insurancewith.com for my travel insurance, I don’t have secondary cancer, but I do know that they will cover people with secondary cancer and they do cover them in USA. They were on Jodie 1’s list that she posted but the telephone number was wrong the correct number is 08452307159.

Good luck and I hope you get your much needed holiday.

Tess x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, I got insurance online from Travel Insurance Web (used before being diagnosed and recommended by a relative). Accepted my DCIS diagnosis, no trouble. The premium wasn't too bad either, £30 for 2 weeks for Australia trip (had lumpectomy, re-excision for close margins, and due for 3 weeks rads so I thought the premium was very good indeed - premium for rest of family £17 each). I even rang them to check all in order and premium was correct and they were very helpful. Worth a look and getting a quote, at least xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi elsbeth

i got insurance from Mia online in march to go to Prague (not quite same as usa but may be worth a go to ask) i too was on capcitabane for liver and also lung tumours. it was £40 for a long weekend which i thought was brilliant value.

good luck with findin insurance. and enjoy your holiday.

🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Elsbeth

This topic has been discussed before and will be again...and again 🐵 It is SO frustrating trying to get an affordable deal.

Look on the archive as Dianne (Jodie1)posted a quite comprehensive list of insurance companies that she had used. Unfortunately she is away at the moment otherwise she would have probably posted the list again. I started at the top and went right through the list and was amazed at the differences and the amount of companies who wouldn't insure me at all (including insure pink and Bromley travel who both displayed a huge pink BC logo on their site...don't get me started on that :o{)
I eventually went with MIA sorry can't remember contact details and they were really good,(I got their number off Dianne's list)

Hope you get something sorted, we have enough to contend with without added stress!

Take care and enjoy America,

Nicola xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Travel Insurance

Hello everyone!

I am sure this topic has been discussed before but I thought I would ask again.

Has anyone had any success in acquiring travel insurance when undergoing treatment? I have liver mets and am on capecitabine and funnily enough I have had a series of rejections from insurance companies. It's very disappointing as I feel well in myself and to feel "trapped" in the UK like this is so fraustrating. I was hoping to go and visit friends in the USA next month (the most expensive place on earth to get travel insurance for it would appear!) I have found one company who will insure me but the premium is over £7000!!!

If anyone knows of anywhere who might consider insuring someone in my situation I would be very grateful to hear about it.

E 🙂